Ask DC’s Brandon Vietti, Greg Weisman & Zehra Fasal (AKA, Halo) on DC Daily!

DC Daily will be celebrating our Year One Anniversary with an amazing slate of DC talent, including the three powerhouse figures from Young Justice: Outsiders! The DC Daily staff has invited everyone from the community to submit questions for them to answer on their episode!

You’ve known Brandon Vietti and Greg Weisman since days of yore, and we’re only recently had the pleasure of welcoming Zehra Fasal into the DC family. What has that experience been like? Do you have deep diving questions about the revival, the maturation, and the latest to come out of Young Justice: Outsiders? Ask away in the comments below!:point_down:

3 Likes

Thank you all so much for the hard work you have put into this series! I am so excited for the season finale and Season 4 to come. What is like knowing that fans wait on the edge of there seat every week for a new episode? Also how much should we worry about our fan fav characters in the season finale?

Again thanks for all that you do and will continue to work on!

Halo’s quickly become one of my favorite characters in Young Justice, and yet she’s so different from her comic book counterpart. What was the process for reinventing Halo?

3 Likes

I’ve loved season 3 and grown to really like some of the new characters, Halo in particular :wink: But like many fans I’m still very attached to the original team and want to see more of them. So I’m wondering, would you ever consider doing a “prequel” of sorts to the newer seasons? Maybe an adventure that fills us in on those 5 years between seasons 1 and 2? I know the video game and tie-in comics gave us some of that story, but I want to see the rest!

Thanks for answering, and thanks for bringing YJ back!

1 Like

Oh, one other question: do you think there will be another time-jump in Season 4? Or do you think it’s going to pick up exactly where Season 3 left off?

Oh, one other question: do you think there will be another time-jump in Season 4? Or do you think it’s going to pick up exactly where Season 3 left off?

How are the main and auxiliary characters for each season chosen? Will we ever return to a Young Justice focused more on the original cast? Could there be spin-offs for the different teams?

3 Likes

What were some behind the scene difficulties that the audience might not know about? How did you attempt to resolve these problems?

1 Like

Forager is my favorite character from S3, with Apokolips zooming closer to the team, how critical and/or freaked-out will Forager be? Might we see him as a team leader? Will the relationship between Forager and Bio-Ship get explored more? They clearly have a connection.

1 Like

How likely is it that there could be tie-in comics again and, if you get the opportunity to do them again, what characters or storylines would you like to explore?

1 Like
  1. In the early episode of YJ we got appearance of Jason Todd, Damian Wayne, & John Kent. Does this mean we will get see them in future seasons as Red Hood, Robin and Superboy?
  2. Question for eveyone, which is your favorite moment of YJ Outsiders?

what are some of the differences developing a show for dc universe vs cartoon network?

1 Like

Zehra Fasal what is the best part about playing as Halo and what your thoughts on Bralo (Brion & Halo)?

In your head, how many seasons would you like to have to tell all of the stories you would like to tell? Or is it endless?

When did you find out that Young Justice was getting revived and what was your immediate thought?

1 Like

Can you guys tell us anything about season 4 and a potential for a season 5 at all?

Zehra what was your thought process of Halo being the Anti-Life equationn?

1 Like

Mr. Weisman, I love Young Justice and look forward to more of it for years to come.

Outside of Young Justice, what other DC character/property would you also like to work on (Captain Atom is a natural, given your comic history with him)?

1 Like

I love YJ!!!
I have a question (which I posted a while back in Ask Greg): What is Black Manta’s nationality? In some iterations he is African-American. He seems somehow to be embracing African Culture. Is he African born and raised?

1 Like

Things in the comics’ version of the DC Universe changed significantly between the last episode of YJ Season 2 and the beginning of production on Season 3.

How much changed in your original, 2013 vision of what Season 3 would look like? Did DC have any suggestions/requests that changed the trajectory of certain characters’ story arcs? For instance, Jon Kent didn’t even exist when you wrapped S2 - how did giving Superman a family alter his planned story?

1 Like