Arrowverse Couch Club, Week 7: May 3-5 Episodes

That’s a fair point. I’d be interested in hearing his side of things too. Having them both work together would be nice. Bruce showing up in a crossover would work well. And we could see everyone else’s reaction to him as well.

2 Likes

I’m still extremely curious as to how they’re gonna try to follow up Crisis. How insane would it be if Bruce returns only to become one of the Dark Knights?

2 Likes

I thought I read something that the next crossover was going to go back to be a smaller one. I’m not sure where I read that though.

1 Like

That seems like the natural move. You can’t exactly go bigger than Crisis, but you can still provide something interesting

1 Like

Finished Flash! What an episode. So if team flash knows who’s behind trying to kill joe can’t he come out of hiding now? And didn’t they just say last episode they weren’t going to tell anybody where he was, now all of a sudden Barry is there? Lol. Also, am I missing something…why was Eva in that containment thing at the end?

I love Frost and Ralph’s relationship. He truly tries to help her. The “dib-ploma” even if extremely corny, she genuinely seemed to like it. I also love that she was reading Mick’s book. I’m beginning to think the only one in the multiverse who hasn’t read this book is me!

I like him better as an ally. With most flash villains you see them terrorize the city, caught, then never heard from again. So I’m glad he keeps coming back. “They crossed streams!” Always a favorite line of mine.

1 Like

Just because they have a better understanding of the threat doesn’t mean it’s gone away. Until Black Hole and Eva are dealt w/, Joe’s still gonna be in danger

That’s…actually pretty valid. It does kinda seem to defeat the purpose of WITSEC. I’d wonder if Barry just speed searched every possible location until he found Joe, but there’s no way he’s got enough speed left to do that. He must’ve found out some other way and only decided to go there given the dire circumstances

I don’t think you missed anything, it just kinda came out of nowhere. I’m assuming it’s some sort of device that’s helping stabilize Eva or strengthen her powers or something, but whatever its purpose, it would’ve been nice to know when it just randomly appeared there

If the CW is smart, they’ll release a full version of Uncaged Desire. I’ve never been interested in romance novels, but I’d buy that in a heartbeat

That’s a good point. Regardless of what status he has going forward, I’m definitely glad that he’s at least been recurring

That along with my Beebo toys and socks!

His watch always seems to be red, yet he’s speeding off to places. It is kinda funny, at least to me, that the speed just keeps dying out at random times. Not a gradual slow down like I assumed.

1 Like

I’m amazed they haven’t released some kind of Beebo plush by now. Even if it’s just a limited run, they have to know we’d snatch them up right away

Barry a few episodes ago: I’m almost out of speed. I have to be extra careful or I’ll run out
Barry now, after continuing to run: I’m almost out of speed. I have to be extra careful or I’ll run out
Barry in the next episode: I’m almost out of speed…

Batwoman
how much concern there should be depends on who Julia is cahooting with. I am kind of grateful the precious book is in code. Mary knowing the secret is awesome. kate accepting that and how Mary is not just willing to take risks, but is very capable.

Supergirl
I like these recap episodes. It gives a little context to the season. Plus, I like Lex’s conniving. His hatred of Kryptonians still needs to be fleshed out. Is it specific? or just anti-alien sentiment?

2 Likes

Exactly! AND Godspeed seemed to “zap” him pretty good, but nope! Let’s go fight him!

2 Likes

Partially, though I’m sure Kate’s gonna be upset that they were working so closely on this all while Julia was keeping this other agenda about getting the book from her

He hates all aliens because he thinks that humans should be solely responsible for the protection of the world, among other things, as opposed to aliens like Superman. His intense hatred of Superman then just spiraled into a special hatred of Kryptonians

1 Like

I know in the show specifically in a flashback with Lena (when the sky is red, so way before the Supergirl show has started) he mentions how he is supposed to be “the man of tomorrow” and not Superman. He’s jealous Superman gets to have the powers and not him. Also in the red daughter scenes he can’t even fathom how Red Daughter hasn’t figured out that he “HATES kryptonians.” Like @arkhamassassin said. He hates all aliens, but has a special hate for Kryptonians.

This brings me back to the convos where Lena asks “well why can’t humans have powers to?” I was hoping this was when they would give Lena powers, but it was wasted on James.

1 Like

I think having too many people betraying her seems like too much at once. It might be good in that she can have a small group she trusts such as Luke and Mary, but it seems to me little beyond believability that anyone outside that has a secret agenda. Although I do like the parallel of good and evil sister with Reagan and Magpie like Kate and Alice. I still am not sure what to think of Julia and why she wants the journal. I only hope this storyline is not too rushed due to the shortened season. I would even be good with it going into next with a who fo you trust vibe as the grander plan slowly reveals.
One last thought. With Tommy Elliott so obsessed with Bruce Wayne and in need of a new face, wouldn’t it be interesting to have a “return” of Bruce to Gotham with it not being the real Bruce Wayne? What if Hush becomes “Bruce”?

1 Like

I always love the stories where a criminal has some moral code and even will help the good guys when it calls for it. It worked well for Captain Cold and now for Heat Wave. I also like the ambiguity because you never know when they appear on the show if they are there to help or hurt the heroes. It’s that gray area that makes it more interesting than just being good or bad. I’ll be honest I did not remember this character when he first was on the show but this episode made him an interesting possible ally especially how he gets under Cisco’s skin. A genius but one who is arrogant about it. It’s like when someone like Lex is forced to team up with the heroes and thinks how dumb they all are. I’m curious how much is wrapped up in the finale as it cut it short.

1 Like

I like that the power is limited in scope. Yes it gives her visions but it’s not too far in the future and not specific. It seems to show her one “fateline “ with a possible future that can be changed. I related it to the cunning that Roz had on Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. There is so much more to Sara that I never thought of her without a superpower. She’s a great strategic leader with league of assassins skills and can get the whole team going. She didn’t need it but it might be the edge they need against the fates. I just hope she loses it once their battle is done

1 Like

The more people I see speculate this, the more I want to see it happen

Even if Hartley does remain an ally going forward, I kinda hope this rivalry stays intact. There’s just something about Cisco getting into these petty arguments, whether it’s w/ Hartley or Harry, that I love just because the interactions are so funny

Yeah, you never want to risk her being too overpowered. The writers seem to understand this and what sort of balance to strike w/ the powers, so I have faith that it’ll remain an interesting aspect for however long it lasts

1 Like

The Legends are just a bunch of family members with issues who happen to have powers and screw up throughout time. That’s why I love them because they are never A list but they’re the underdogs you root for just the same

1 Like

Yeah how much speed does he have left? He has been in the red part of the gauge for a while now but he still has just enough. It’s like he’s a battery that you let sit out and just has enough to go until he doesn’t when the plot needs him to like in saving Joe

2 Likes

Before i forget…

Flash
first, when did the Hartley get super hearing? was it always that way? I like that his turning point to at least help was Barry’s “I have to try”. And i like that it was still tenuous even though everyone pretty much got what they want. And who is Godspeed’s boss?

Legends of Tomorrow
next week’s scenes seemed to imply she gained her sight back. not that it would imply Sara’s superpower to be temporary (but it could be). I liked that they had to solve a mystery.

1 Like

That was a result of the particle accelerator explosion. It gave him augmented hearing, but it quickly became overwhelming, which is why he has those devices in his ears to help control it

Frustratingly, that will likely be a question for season 7, but fingers crossed that maybe we’ll get an answer tonight

Wouldn’t the sunglasses be an indicator that she’s still blind? I figured getting her sight back is something they wouldn’t want to spoil so casually like that