Arleen Sorkin Tribute Watch Along, Tues. Sept 12, 5:00pm PST/8:00pm EST

Hello everybody,
Welcome to the special edition of watch along, On Tuesday (hopefully) September 12, at 5:00pm PST/8:00pm EST, DC Animated Club and Harley’s Crew will be hosting a watch along of Batman The Animated Series, as a tribute to the memory of Arleen Sorkin who was the original voice actress of Harley Quinn.This will be on wiki so @Vroom, @Razzzcat & @Mae can work on this if they like.
We’ll be watching some of Harley Quinn best episodes, in fact, we’ll be watching 6 episodes.

Episodes

1. Joker’s Favor
  2. Harley and Ivy
  3. Harlequinade
  4. Harley’s Holiday
  5. Joker’s Million
  6. Mad Love

So you’ll need two devices to watch the watch along, if you have DVD, Blu-Ray, Max or any streaming service that show Batman The Animated Series, please put that on.

And to chat on here you can use your computer, laptop, phone, Tablet or ipad to chat.
Hope to see you there.

:00_harley_quinn:

22 Likes

Thanks Lincolnfan78! I’ll be here—ready to roll! :saluting_face: :harleys_crew: :hyenahqtas: :hyenahqtas: :black_heart::white_heart::diamonds:

14 Likes

This is a beautiful idea. I hope I can make it.

10 Likes

Count me in. I’ll be all settled in the new diggs and will def be able to be here. Good stuff @Reaganfan78! :+1:

:00_harley_quinn: :00_harley_quinn: :00_harley_quinn:

11 Likes

While I can’t make watch-alongs on Tuesdays, this is an excellent idea @Reaganfan78 and I hope all who can attend from the @DC-TV-And-Movie-Club will do so.

8 Likes

Maybe we can find some YouTube compilations of her scenes on DOOL and Duet to watch beforehand.

10 Likes

Awesome! I’m not sure if I have to play that night on my team but if I’m free I’ll be attending.

7 Likes

I will make this work in my schedule. Thank you for getting this set-up @Reaganfan78.

7 Likes

I’m normally off on Tuesdays, so barring any schedule changes, I should be able to make it for this one.

7 Likes

I’m gonna try to make it!

5 Likes

Is it true that Harley Quinn was based off Ms. Sorkin?

7 Likes

In 1991, after seeing his college friend Arleen Sorkin play a jester in a dream sequence in the soap opera Days of Our Lives, Dini decided to have Sorkin voice her. Dini then based Harley Quinn on Sorkin , incorporating aspects such as her mannerisms and “very snappy, wisecracking, bubbly blonde” personality. -according to wiki

8 Likes

@patterson65.37405 She is indeed the OG Mother of Mischief/inspiration like @CassTheStreet shared. I was just sharing this info, so I’ll drop here too:

Her appearance on Days of Our Lives was playing in the background at Rene Montoya’s apartment in Birds of Prey. :diamonds:

#MargotKnows :crown:

12 Likes

Harls likes it. Look, she’s getting ready for her close-up and everything. :harley_hv_2: :black_heart:

12 Likes

:triumph: :muscle: :00_harley_quinn:

8 Likes

:laughing: :purple_heart:

8 Likes

Not to take anything away from Ms. Robbie of course, but I’d argue the screenwriter of BOP (Christina Hodson, who also wrote The Flash) and its director (Cathy Yan, who deserves a lot more credit than she gets) know, too. :wink:

“Moving on.”

Since Ms. Sorkin was the first to embody Harley Quinn, I present the following, as it was the very first plastic embodiment of Harley Quinn in-general and the very first plastic iteration of Ms. Quinn as embodied by Ms. Sorkin (and so far, the eBay vultures aren’t going to town on upping her price, but…they may also not know of Ms. Sorkin’s passing, either):

I bought the Kenner Harley at Blockbuster Video in 1997 (all these years later, I still have her), and then a carded sample a few years ago.

The figure’s endured well over the last 26 years and I imagine it will continue to do so as Ms. Sorkin’s legacy endures for decades to come as well.

7 Likes

This is a great idea, I’ll try to come by!

8 Likes

Basic movie trivia isn’t what that means, Margot Robbie runs a production company, she hired both of them. a lot like another movie Barbie, she pitched it, helped write it then produced it and starred in it, Margot does know lol

10 Likes

Still have mine in it’s packaging- looks exactly like this. :+1:
:00_harley_quinn: :00_harley_quinn: :00_harley_quinn:

8 Likes