Are you still excited about Stargirl?

Personally, I was very excited when stargirl was first announced. As time went on my excitement grew with the addition of some notable actors and characters. However, the changes made to the creative team and release schedule fairly late in the game have me a little worried. That said, I’m still very intrigued and want the show to be great.

2 Likes

I am interested and looking forward to it. The delayed release doesn’t bother me… I understand. Everything is delayed. It still looks like a good show.

5 Likes

I wanna see the real Wildcat. Even just for a minute.

2 Likes

Despite all the changes since the initial announcement, the 1 constant that’s kept me excited is Geoff Johns’ involvement. I’m sure I’d be looking forward to the show either way, but knowing that he’s had so much involvement when it comes to a character that means so much to him means everything in ensuring that this series will hopefully be as good as it can

6 Likes

It’s been too long. The excitement is gone for now, but I’m sure it will pop right back once it starts airing.

3 Likes

It’s been a roller coaster. It was ramping up,?then the delay because CW was gonna run it was a drag, but the possibility that if it does well, it will get a 2nd season because CW will invest money in the production costs. The delay because of covid. But I think the hype train will start ramping back up in May.

3 Likes

The more trailers they show the more I’m really looking forward to it. I think Stargirl is such an endearing character, and I just love the JSA!! I love when the past and present mix together to tell a great story.

3 Likes

Yes. As @Summers said. I can’t wait just to see the JSA involvement alone. Add that with already loving Stargirl & my excitement cannot be deterred. So with u @Behemoth, Wildcat is gonna be so awesome to finally get a peak at. Closest we’ve came so far in live action is Smallville. For, what I expect to be a good amount of JSA cameos.

1 Like

I’m absolutely excited for this! I loved Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E. when it first ran. It was an amazing comic. The best I could’ve hoped for was an animated series, yet here we are, a couple of decades later and Courtney is gonna have her own live-action series. That’s amazing. And they’re using the original S.T.R.I.P.E. design, not the Big O design that came later. I can’t wait to see the final product.

4 Likes

I had a similar thought I posted when I 1st heard they were making it. I said I couldn’t believe, of all the characters out there. One of my favorite non-mainstream characters was getting her own show. I’d never thought in my lifetime, that there’d be a Stargirl live action series. It will truly set- in when I’m pushing play on episode 1.

4 Likes

I have never read any of the comics with Stargirl but I love the JSA so I am looking forward to this.

2 Likes

Oh yes I’m still excited to see it, the hard part is waiting, I’m thankful the wait is almost over so we can finally see it!:slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I’m kinda guessing we won’t get a lot of JSA in this first season. There is a lot of character growth for her to tackle first. Maybe a few JSA bits in season one, to whet the appetite for for more JSA in season 2. But, we need to let Courtney grow as a character first. Ya dint just get given a spot in the JSA. Ya gotta earn it & Courtney is gonna have hero growing mistakes and a decent learning curve in season one. That’s kinda what season ones are for. Lay the foundation for the hero.

3 Likes

I’m pretty disappointed after I read that the old JSA heroes are killed off before the show starts.
Source

1 Like