Are There Any Comics Or Characters You’re Stubborn About?

i would like if it was someone from the family but i wouldn’t mind if it some else

1 Like

Understandable. I’m kind of in the middle. We learned a bit about his methods and capabilities in Future State, but I still feel like I need to learn more about him before being fully convinced. More about his personality, his history, how he got his skills, why Batman?, etc. Ridley wrote an entertaining enough story, with a good amount of action, but I feel like some more character work would do Tim Fox some good.

2 Likes

are you going to read the Future State:Gotham which is about Red Hood hunting Tim Fox’s Batman

2 Likes

I will definitely check it out on here. I’m really curious about what he’ll be like in the Future State.

1 Like

Agreed

1 Like

He should make his own hero and this is going to sound bias but he skipped over every robin and duke, and just took the cowl like he deserved it

1 Like

I’m stubborn about Damian Wayne also.

I think he should always start as that impulsive, aggressive brat. I think it’s entertaining to see him as that murderous pre-teen, but gradually turn into a respectable man. I think if they make him start with manners, or keep him as the brat, it ruins the story.

2 Likes

Tim Fox predates most of the Bat-Family. He was introduced alongside his father in the late 1970s.

2 Likes

But Tim didn’t have regular appearances nor did anything really important in that long period unlike Lucias and before taking the mantle Azrael did more in under a year than Tim did over those decades. Also, I think it would have been better to see Lucas as a Batman replacement because he has an improved modern mechanical Batsuit which would pay homage to Jean-Paul’s Knightfall Bats.

3 Likes

Agreed. As one of the only Batwing fans, I would have been much happier to see Luke as The Next Batman over Tim/Jace. That being said, the Second Son miniseries is doing what should have been done last September (I know it would have spoiled a lot about the current Batman titles, but it invests you in Tim/Jace really well).

4 Likes

The best successor to Bruce in terms of fighting ability is Cassandra Cain.
The best successor to Bruce in terms of detective ability is Tim Drake.
Jean-Paul was Bats, and that was handled in such a way that people weren’t meant to be happy about it because he was a mess mentally from his conditioning.

Dick Grayson has been Batman and that run was highly popular. Reason is definitely the key factor, here. And believability. Of course Dick will take on the role even though he doesn’t want it. It’s an inevitable responsibility that has been ground into him since forever.

Hard to just pluck someone out of nowhere, give him a last name that relates him to a character related to Batman and then expect people to accept it without reason or context. Which is a shame.

I am firm on a few things.

Damian and Dick have a solid relationship.
Bruce isn’t a terrible Dad constantly.
The Batfamily needs to stop expanding.
John Constantine ages real time and doesn’t work with capes.
Babs should be Oracle.
Dinah and Ollie are a couple.
Give back Cass Cain and Steph Brown their origins.
Justice League Dark doesn’t need Justice Leaguers on their team. They’re their own team and do just fine on their own.

3 Likes

So Justice League Dark Members aren’t Justice Leaguers? They’re Justice League Dark…ers? JLD’ers?

Sorry, just goofin’ :slightly_smiling_face:.

I’ve always viewed them as part of the JL team myself, specialized in the magical stuff. I actually like it when they come together every now & then.

2 Likes

Next to Superman, Wally is my favorite DC hero–and I DESPISED Heroes in Crisis. Worst DC story–EVER!! It makes Final Crisis look good by comparison. But I will never give up on Wally West. He is the heart and soul of the DCU.
And this is what I am stubborn about: Stand by the characters you love and cherish, and don’t make some no talent hack ruin your appreciation of them.

2 Likes

Please, let’s not.

1 Like

No, it’s great! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I could go into a whole spiel about the problems with Knightquest, but this isn’t the thread for it. Suffice to say that I’m “stubborn” about the canonicity of stories where Bruce Wayne did things just as bad as leaving Abattoir to die.

1 Like

I’m not claiming that it’s a flawless story at all, but I just really like Jean-Paul (in Knightfall, not so much in his solo series).

3 Likes

Terry works better when he is just some guy who became Batman, not Batman’s son.

2 Likes

Terry became Batman’s son? Which comic? Why? DC, you screwed up lol

2 Likes

JLU episode “Epilogue”

It is a very divisive move, and I should add many fans (such as Watchtower Database) adore this.

3 Likes