Aquaman Classic Appearance to the 90s Appearance Poll

Long before his first movie, Aquaman had many adventures in both comics and animated shows. Which of his appearance do you like the best? His classic appearance or his 90s look style with long hair, beard, armor and hook look? :00_aquaman:

Aquaman’s Appearance
  • Classic Appearance
  • 90s Appearance with Hook

0 voters

#poll
:0_aquaman:
Feel free to leave a comment if you like.:grinning:

3 Likes

I tend to prefer the classic appearances for most superheroes, so that’s my choice here. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

What a tough decision.

I went with the '90s ‘bad boy’ version.

2 Likes

Your comment gave me an idea for another Super hero poll. Thanks, I’ll do that soon.:smiley:

2 Likes

Keeping with my Bronze Age roots I had to go with classic.

I loved the Jim Aparo version. I also liked barbarian Aquaman in JL (DCAU) animated series.

4 Likes

I do love his recent look from the movie though!

3 Likes

I voted for 90s, but actually prefer a combination of both, kinda like his look in the movie… beard, no hook, more of an armored take on the classic costume.

5 Likes

When have I ever said anything nice about 90s comics?

I’m not starting now. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:That’s a great comment, LOL! I thought back in the 90s, Aquaman with hook look really awesome, and I even had a toy of it.:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Just so I’m not as ignorant, what’s wrong with 90s comics? :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Macho nonsense. Too many pouches. Tiny feet.

2 Likes

Where to start?

3 Likes

I’ll just leave this here.

3 Likes

Interesting concept :joy:.

I guess I asked because my experience with 90s comics is pretty limited. Read Death & Return, and Superman Blue/Red. Now making my way through triangle era Superman from the beginning. Pretty limited view, I know… but what little I’ve read has been fun so far. Will make sure I stay away from Pouch Man if he shows up!

2 Likes

Don’t forget the women with legs for 3/4th of their body.
Guess someone skipped the art study about using the size of the head to measure the body.

Then there’s Captain America’s pecs…

But the thing that really bugged me about the ‘90s was the muddy coloring and graphic design. Especially on the covers.
Before the ‘90s you could recognize a cover from a distance, maybe even make out familiar characters.
But in the ‘90s, in particular the late ‘90s, there was less attention paid to composition and the logos were increased in size, making the covers look like blobs of color and black shapes from a distance.

3 Likes

I like everything about the 90s look except the hook.

2 Likes

I equate Jim Aparo’s Aquaman to Curt Swan’s Superman. Definitive versions that will never be equaled.

2 Likes

Same here.
I think it was a great look for him, but the hook I coulda done without.

1 Like

Hot take:

90s was the best decade for DC

2 Likes