April's Community Member of the Month: TheBatgirlOfNML

Spring has sprung! April is here! Let’s get to know our newest Community Member of the Month: @TheBatgirlofNML!

What originally got you into DC Comics?

The thing that got me into DC specifically was the 1960s Batman show! I loved things like the adventure in The Story of Robin Hood and His Merry Men, the ingenuity of Sherlock Holmes, and the silliness of cartoons and Batman was a mixture of all of those. After that, I read some comics was hooked for life!

Who is your favorite DC character, and why?

Batman and Cassandra’s Batgirl are probably tied for my top spot. I love Batman because he is a great tragic character who relies on brains and will to win the day. I love Cass because her backstory and personality are just so great. To me, she’s the natural successor to everything Batman stands for.

What books are you currently reading?

Next on my DC reading list is Sandman! Vertigo isn’t a corner of DC I have explored much before now but I figure it’s about time I start. After that, I want to read Batgirls. Due to life history too long and boring to go over here… Actually you know what? This is my post and I’m typing what I want to type! Try and stop me! bwahahahh!

So when I was growing up, the closest comic store to me was about an hour away and I wasn’t particularly wealthy anyhow. The only comics I read came either from the library, second hand, or the local antique store. This meant I rarely saw new things, got things in order, or knew about the behind the scenes. Because of this, I developed some “odd” reading habits. Series order doesn’t matter much to me, creative team didn’t matter as much (it’s starting to matter now) becuase I just read everything I could get my hands on, and a new comic is just as interesting to me as one from 50 years ago.

Which is all to stay, I stay a few years behind on comics by general choice and it is about time I read one with my favorite character! Batgirls looks great and I need more Cass in my life.

Are you watching any DC movies or shows?

I’m presently rewatching Batman Beyond. I love that show and I’m almost to my favorite episode of the series, The Last Resort which is a great episode where a bunch of kids get kidnapped and tortured… (huh, I may need help. That sounds totally wrong when I say it out loud.)

What are you looking forward to most in the DC Universe?

I have simple tastes, Cassandra Cain’s McFarlane figure! (Also The Batman 2 and the Lego BTAS Gotham skyline set!)

What books would you recommend to the DC Community?

1. Batman: No Man’s Land
2. Batman: The Long Halloween
3. Batman: No Man’s Land
4. Earth-2
5. Batman: No Man’s Land
6. Batgirl (2000)
7. Batman: No Man’s Land
8. Batman: Red Rain
9. Batman: No Man’s Land
10. so hear me out, the DK character guides are great
11. Batman: No Man’s Land
12. Superman: Red Sun

13. I know you said only 12 but I just can’t stop myself from adding one more Batman: Wayne Family Adventures, not what you thought I was going to say was it?!

Congrats to April’s Community Member of the Month: @TheBatgirlofNML! :clap:

33 Likes

Congratulations, @TheBatgirlofNML! This is so well deserved. It amazes me how many of us got into comics through Batman '66. Love your book recommendations, especially The Long Halloween.

14 Likes

Congrats, @TheBatgirlofNML! How’d I guess your top books would be about No Man’s Land! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

14 Likes

@TheBatgirlofNML congratulations! Well deserved for someone who I love going on misadventures with!

If your about to read Sandman, I would love to discuss your thoughts on it. That’s a series I love!

16 Likes

Congarts @TheBatgirlofNML

14 Likes

Congratulations daughter.

17 Likes

I’m so excited and thrill to see you as member of the month @TheBatgirlofNML! Congratulation, I’m really happy for you. And seeing No Man’s Land as book recommendation, I’m not one bit suprise, it’s a great book read. :smiley:

14 Likes

Woohoo @TheBatgirlofNML !! :tada::confetti_ball::fireworks::sparkler::firecracker:

I’m glad you’re in the spotlight this month, see you around :sunglasses:

15 Likes

Congrats @TheBatgirlofNML! Well deserved!!

14 Likes

Greatest April Fools day prank ever! Who’s the real community member of the month?

25 Likes

Congrats BGoNML!

It’s been a blast playing your Arkham RPG. Can’t wait for the next one!

13 Likes

Go go go BGNML! Another well deserved choice for Member of the Month. Cass Pack represent!

15 Likes

Absolutely positive undeniably well-deserved. Congrats @TheBatgirlofNML!

14 Likes

Congratulations!

13 Likes

Congratulations your honor. Well deserved for the judge :clap:

13 Likes

Congrats @TheBatgirlofNML

14 Likes

giphy

Congrats @TheBatgirlofNML !!!
Rock On my friend

13 Likes

I think you just won CMOTM for life.