App Orientation

Do you know if the landscape orientation has been fixed for the iOS app? I know someone has posted before about it and I was wondering if there was any updates. Thanks!

2 Likes

Hey @SportsGuy8! :wave: Our technical support team is aware of this issue and they are hard at working on coming up with a timely resolution. Though we hope to have an update sent out soon, we do not currently have an ETA to share with you.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and we appreciate your patience with this issue. If you notice any other issues, please don’t hesitate to submit a ticket to our technical support team at: yourdcu.com/submit.

Thank you and have a wonderful rest of your weekend! :orange_heart:

2 Likes

Thanks for the update!

2 Likes

I was just coming here to ask about this. Good to know there’s a fix coming! :+1:

Yup! It’s a little bit of a tricky process. We like to fit as many bug fixes / updates as we can into each update on iOS as Apple’s review process is fairly in depth and can take some time to approve the update.

Keep an eye out for an update in the near future though!

1 Like

Orientation still not working. No sign of land. Food running low. Morale is high.

2 Likes

At the same time this bug appeared I lost the ability to open my “dive back in” books. Are these related bugs? And is the dive back in one being worked?

Thanks!

1 Like

Yes, the Dive Back In issues are a known bug as well. No ETA to give for a fix just yet, but we’re expecting them to be resolved whenever the next app update comes through.

Apologies in the meantime!

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

I just got the new update and I can read comics again! Huzzah! Thanks, DCUI team. :pray:

1 Like

How do you go about getting the new update? I am having the same issues.

2 Likes

Nevermind all fixed with new update! Now I can find out which is the real Superman.

If you open the App Store and tap your account pic in the top right, it takes you to the update page. Pull down to refresh and the newly available updates should (hopefully) show up.

I downloaded the app but the app orientation is still not working

How were you guys able to get it fixed because I did the update and I still have the problem?

I’m not sure, once I updated it was fine…any idea on this, mods?

Hey there @modoksquad & @SportsGuy8! If you’re still having issues, I would suggest uninstalling the app, restarting your device, and then reinstalling the app to try and fix this. (Note: It’s important you restart your device after uninstalling. Also, be aware any downloaded comics you have will be deleted upon uninstallation of the app.)

If for some reason you are still having issues, please report it to our support team along with your device information here.

Thank you and I’m so sorry you’re still dealing with that issue. Hopefully it will be resolved with the reinstallation method!

I did the update No luck . tried uninstalling and restarting still no luck :sob::sob::sob:

After the update only the comic reader works in landscape orientation. Everything else is presented in portrait format. Was this the developers intention?

I don’t believe that to be the case, no. It sounds like the update has worked for some but not all.

Including @AxelFoley in this: For those of you still having issues, please follow suit and send in a request to our Customer Support team. The moderation staff is unable to assist any further with these technical issues, and the CS team may have information we don’t.

Thanks all!