:slight_smile::black_heart:

2 Likes

@FrankMiller an alliance has been formed

2 Likes

@Spike a couple minutes ago wouldnā€™t have been so bad either

2 Likes

@FrankMiller whatre you gonna do :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

I like the movie and find it more rewatchable than 75% of the MCU. Iā€™m not blind to its faults but I find when any of the Trinity are on screen they have a spark together. The political stuff wastes too much time and Lex could have gotten where he was going without it.

1 Like

@FrankMillerIsMyDad
You pose the question of if one thinks itā€™s underrated. So it shouldnā€™t be a surprise that you are going to get contrary opinions to what is currently yours.

I donā€™t find it underrated. It falls far to afield from canonical sources (MoS & JL did too.) the only way the film(s) make sense is as an ā€œElseworldā€ trilogy. If only DCEU and/or Mr. Snyder would come out and day as much, they would be easier to stomach, IMO. MoS and especially BvS, do a poor job of developing the base psychological constructs of Batman and Superman for the choices that the characters make, so I find all three and BvS especially built on a foundation of sand. As such the crumble under their own wait. They gave Snyder far to much ā€œcontrol over his visionā€, an issue I donā€™t think they did with Watchmen, which I take little objection to from Snyderā€™s directorial choices. He stuck pretty close to source material on that.

Far from underrated, I find it highly overrated. Thatā€™s my opinion, it might be in sharp contrast to yours. To each their own. I will confess that Mr. Snyderā€™s response to his critics has only reaffirmed my position. As an artist at some point you merely say, the film speaks for itself rather than the constant need to ā€œdefend your visionā€.

DC and Snyder have parted ways, his tenure is done. Move on Zack.ā€, DC has and with greater financial success when looking at return on investment, and that is ultimately the only metric that counts in the movie biz. The box office numbers vs budgets speak for themselves. That item is not debatable, itā€™s the economic reality.

3 Likes

Itā€™s one of the all time great super hero movies. The MCU, now thatā€™s way overated.

3 Likes

@Desade-acolyte. Omg so well said!!! The whole wake the eff up thing was ridiculous. I love the elseworlds idea. Idk why DC doesnt say that for every adaptation. I mean I feel like we could control a lot fan outcry by saying itā€™s another universe that similar but different to the main one

1 Like

Nope I donā€™t think itā€™s underrated. I think it deserves its place in the cinematic landscape as the example of what not to do when you want to set up a cinematic universe.

1 Like

I think itā€™s underrated, yes. At the very least itā€™s overly maligned. Iā€™m fully aware of the filmā€™s weaknesses but critics tend to completely ignore the filmā€™s strengths, which there are plenty of.

4 Likes

I now believe it is a movie that people have opinions about

The first time I saw it, yes I felt it was underrated. However the movie gets worse every time Iā€™ve watched it sense. Iā€™ve seen it 4 times now and donā€™t plan on viewing it again for quite some time. When I do maybe my feelings will change.

The first time I saw it, yes I felt it was underrated. However the movie gets worse every time Iā€™ve watched it sense. Iā€™ve seen it 4 times now and donā€™t plan on viewing it again for quite some time. When I do maybe my feelings will change.

ā€¦ Now Justice League is extremely underrated IMHO. It gets better for me every time I see it.

1 Like

JL gets ā€œcuterā€, every time I watch it.

Desade ā€œcuterā€ from you Iā€™m not sure if that means you live it more or less.

Masterpiece? No. Underrated, more accurate. Itā€™s a movie with untapped potential that could have been so much better than it was if it was actually broken up into 2-3 films.

Need the snyder cut lmao

2 Likes

In 10-20 years, people who trashed it will change their opinion.

The thing about superma- to me- has always been that he seeks to do right at all times. He wants to help everyone because he has the ability to do so. But the problem is that he canā€™t be everywhere at once, so he shoulders the burden of failure. Itā€™s his own. Not that men arenā€™t good enough to save, but that he isnā€™t great enough to save everyone. And for that, Snyder nails it. Unfortunately we will never see his full scale of intention with Batman. The set up(and especially the Ultimate Edition) do big work on giving us a tired and jaded Bruce Wayne ready and willing to do what no one else can. He literally goes toe-to-toe with a god.

There are so many unanswered questions that died with his vision in the unseen JL.

P.s. the much maligned ā€œMarthaā€ scene does way more for the benefit of the movie than hurt it. It humanizes Superman in the eyes of Batman. Itā€™s a simple but powerful common ground. That even while he faces death, this immortal alien is worried about his adoptive mother. Itā€™s huge. The same people who throw kudos to Captain America: Civil War forget that that entire movie boiled down to ā€œheā€™s my friend.ā€ Forget that Cap could never beat Iron Man in a one-on-one fight.

4 Likes

I thought bvs was way better than Justice league because Justice league was a franken movie you canā€™t have the movie start as one directors vision and then go wait some people hate snyders vision and say guess we will try to make it like avengers then get Joss whedon and half ass change the whole tone of the film

1 Like