Any Character Recommendations/Reading Order or Stories?

Hello, all! I’m currently looking for characters I should read and reading orders. I’m reading Superman (2016), Titans (2016), and eagerly awaiting the newest Green Lanterns! I’m up for any characters and where to start and go from there!

I’d also love for any MUST read for characters, such as how Batman has Year One, Hush, and A Long Halloween. Thank you!

For Superman 2016
Need presquel
Superman .Lois and Clark

Aquaman 2011
Detective 2016
Wonder Woman Year One 2016 early even numbered issues
Shazam in Justice League 2011
'#7-11,0, 14-16 and 18-21.

1 Like

@TurokSonOfStone1950 , Thank you so much!

Where to Start Reading Batman
Comics
Joshua Lapin-Bertone
thursday April 11

shorted to just include stories

Batman: Year One
WHERE TO FIND IT: Batman
#404-407

Batman Year two

WHERE TO FIND IT Detective
Comics #575-578

Batman: Hush

WHERE TO FIND IT Batman
#608-619

“Daughter of the Demon”

WHERE TO FIND IT Batman

Batman: The Long Halloween

WHERE TO FIND IT: Batman:
The Long Halloween #1-13

Batman: Strange Apparitions

WHERE TO FIND IT Writer
Steve Englehart comes on board
with Detective Comics #469-
479, but things really get
cooking when artist Marshall
Rogers joins him for issue #471
through the team’s fınal issue,
#476.

“The Court of Owls”

WHERE TO FIND IT: Batman
(2011) #1-7

“To Kill a Legend”

WHERE TO FIND IT Detective
Comics #500

HONORABLE MENTION
Batman: The Dark Knight
Returns

Resonates more powerfully if one has read a few of the above titles first.

1 Like

Go to Browse
Go to Get to Know
Sort Alphabetically

There are Start Reading Guides for

Dick Grayson
Supergirl
Superman
Teen Titans
Wonder Woman

I will bump up in Support my thread on other Reading Guides but you have to find them by

Go to News
Ordered by date

1 Like

Thank you so much!

I agree, we need more reading guides, but I’ll definitely start these! Thank you!

1 Like

You are welcome

Super Sons is pretty good if you are interested in Jon after Superman 2016. But Robin: Son of Batman is a good read before you get into Super Sons.

2 Likes

@Behemoth.Ravenlord Thank you! I’m very interested in Super Sons. I’ll check out that Robin story first, though!

2 Likes

I’d say mix up some silver and Bronze Age stuff.

The GL/GA across America is s great storyline. Any O’Neil/Adams Batman story is a classic.

The Jokers 5 way revenge.

New Teen Titans from the start through the Judas Contract

Crisis on infinite earths.

1 Like

A personal favorite would be the entire first two volumes of Birds of Prey.

But if you want bigger characters, then you could check out Mark Waid’s Flash run (‘87 series, starting with issue #64) or Geoff Johns’ Green Lantern ('05 series, starting with Issue #1 - also check out the ‘06 Green Lantern Corps series if you read this; I actually think Peter Tomasi’s work on GLC is better than Johns’ GL, but they’re both good series). George Perez’s Wonder Woman is a bit older, but as far as I’m concerned, it’s aged gracefully ('87 series, Issue #1).

If you’re good with older stuff, DeSade’s recommendations are pretty solid too, though I think New Teen Titans didn’t get good until the Judas Contract and hit its apex just afterwards with Terror of Trigon. Personally, I do enjoy old books to some extent (the dialogue can be kind of painful, but the history is interesting), and on that front, I highly recommend Jack Kirby’s work on The New Gods and Mister Miracle. The Forever People and his run on Superman’s Pal, Jimmy Olsen are related, but not quite as good.

2 Likes