The DC BOOK CLUB! How To Join

Any and all guests from the DC Daily Comic Book Club would be awesome. I loved watching those episodes and interacting with some of them on here would be a hoot.

12 Likes

It would be cool if the Sams, Hector and Amy could pop in from time to time, even just to say hi. I loved DC Daily and those cats. I was sad when the show was canceled.

13 Likes

Hello! I love DCUI, though I preferred the acronym for just DCU :). My favorite character is Stephanie Brown (Spoiler, Robin, Batgirl, and more), and my favorite comic, naturally, is Batgirl: Stephanie Brown. I hope we get to discuss some of the smaller books like that one, or Hawkman by Robert Venditti, as well as big event-style books or arcs!

11 Likes

Hawkman is coming very soon to DC History Club, when the last issue comes into our Library, maybe June

I was just discussing with my co leader of the DC History club @msgtv
About having Stephanie as a Topic of the Club in the coming months

Here is my take on her in two of my links
2009 Batgirl is Stephanie Brown by Byran Miller. Set in time when Bruce Wayme is presumed dead, Dick Grayson is Batman, Damien Wayne is Robin and Barbara Gordon is Oracle. The best of all Batgirl Books

Favorite panels
From Batgirl 2009
Issue 15

12 Likes

:hushed:

…and I just joined the DC History Club.

:00_hawkman: :00_hawkman1:

13 Likes

I’m happy to hear we’re going to be doing a dive into Hawkman soon, I love that guy! All of them. :laughing:

14 Likes

Looks around…
“Not to shabby…Vroom’s JL Book Club Banner looks cooler though.”
:batparrot:

7 Likes

I mean, how could we compete?

7 Likes

:partying_face: :partying_face:

8 Likes

I completely agree that would be AH-MAZING to see them again.

Can’t make any promises at all, but will definitely put it on the “To Talk About” list!

8 Likes

:rofl:

y’all are good sports.
It looks great, was just playing and shameless plug LOL.

8 Likes

Thanks to all! I have read two of the issues so far. @Applejack , you seem to be the one to call out to. Awesome community so far. All the comments seem very nice and helpful. I am glad that I joined.

10 Likes

We’re also super glad that you joined! This club is very much a ‘the more, the merrier’ type situation! :slight_smile:

What do you think of the 1st 2 issues so far?

I think the setup was really great to set a foundation for the rest of the storyline, but there were a few weird things that I’d noticed.

9 Likes

Can’t wait to read more of the story. Sounds like there may be some surprises in store for me. Sometimes the involvement with Sinestro is a double edged sword.

5 Likes

Make sure you head over here and discuss your thoughts and opinions with us!

5 Likes

thanks @Barrys.Better.Half .
Still learning my way around the boards. I copied it over to the ongoing Totality discussion.

5 Likes

@yesiamanerd , CALLED OUT! :laughing: :wave: So glad you’re joining us, I love your avatar.

I helped to get the book club off the ground, but the @moderators team and I are all working together (@Pretty.Poison.Bombshell , @Alec.Holland , @Barrys.Better.Half , @Green.Lantern , and @MAN.OF.STEEL , to be precise). We roam around these digital streets striking down crime and spreading comic book love. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10 Likes

Re
The Justice League in general

@AlexanderKnox

Created a
Comprehensive
Recommended Reading
Starting with the
Original Justice League members

7 Likes

What great job the League is doing, Thanks for all your hard work! Not only with this book club, which is off to a great start, but in general. SIX Cheers!

9 Likes

Hi, Everyone in the DC Book Club!

I see members are saying hello…so hello! I’ve enjoyed DC’s online realm back when it was Universe, and now Infinite (the name makes SO much more sense now​:smiley:) and am grateful that the community is continuing… and the Book Club seems clear to navigate! :+1:

8 Likes