ANNOUNCEMENT: Doom Patrol Season 3 Confirmed!

-starts chant- Ambush Bug, Ambush Bug, Ambush Bug

2 Likes

Hell yeah! Second to the comics library, Being with Doom Patrol on the ground floor since day one has been my favorite part of being a DC Universe subscriber

2 Likes

Who says it won’t be on here as well as HBOMax like season 2 was?

Excuse the caps lock, but “SAYS WHO??”

Seriously, who says that it isn’t going to be on DCU as well? Who?

It’s been reported. 'Doom Patrol' Gets Season 3 Pickup and a Full Move to HBO Max

1 Like

The article claims that (could be for clicks) but none of its quotes confirm that claim.
And its The Wrap. Might as well be Cinema Blend

Applejack, a mod here hasconfirmed as ll video will be leaving here

Thread title?

It’s not the only article. Just the one I grabbed. Look it up for yourself if you don’t believe me.

1 Like

Not about you, dude

Office Hours

1 Like

I had a friend ask me recently if I watched ‘Harley Quinn’ on HBO Max. I replied, “Yeah, I watched it when it came out on DC Universe”.

I’m disappointed that the shows we enjoyed here on DC Universe are leaving but I’m glad they’re finding bigger audiences because that’s good for DC in general.

8 Likes

How do you not have any interest in HBO Max considering all the DC content they have and will be adding? Not accusing you just genuinely curious - between Watchmen, the Snyder Cut, the upcoming Batman spinoff series, the Green Lantern show, the Strange Adventures show, the Justice League Dark show and even Super Hero High and Aquaman Animated shows. Personally I’m a very happy HBO Max subscriber and want to make sure that app/service succeeds so that more DC content is created for years to come.

9 Likes

Amazing new. Wish it was on DCU but will take what we can get.

5 Likes

Such an amazing show! So glad it got picked up for another season!!!

2 Likes

To be clear, I’m not against the existence HBO Max, just feel far outside of their demographic. I’m not interested in yet another expensive “everything” streaming service, don’t care that much about movies, and not particularly excited about the announced shows. Add in that AT&T gutting their new monopoly to keep it afloat (which makes any of their promised shows suspect, in my eyes) and their complete disinterest in Roku, and it all adds up to a “stay away” from me.

For example, a Doom Patrol DVD set would cost about the same price to buy as it would to subscribe to streaming and I don’t feel like I’m throwing money in a pot for AT&T to churn out whatever content they think will finally cover their debts. The math doesn’t add up for me on HBO Max, basically, even factoring in supporting a decent brand, sort of like I’m not getting Epix just to see Pennyworth. I don’t doubt that Max is a great deal for other people, though.

2 Likes

WTF is Warner Media doing? Are they trying to kill this service? I know what some people will say about the Comics and Community. And that’s great, but I came for the DC TV and Movie content that I wasn’t getting elsewhere. Don’t get me wrong I love the Comic archive and do some reading when I have the chance, but Titans and Doom Patrol were the reason I signed up from Day One.

2 Likes
3 Likes

I would like to read vertigo titles but they won’t be on here so for me, they are lacking the content to keep getting my dollars.

2 Likes