AN Honest Opinion on "The Dark Knight Returns"

Nope. I meant hit-and-miss. Hit-or-miss is American, but I had a British nanny as a kid, and she said hit-and-miss. They’re both acceptable, though I imagine “or” is probably the more correct of the two forms.

1 Like

After.

1 Like

first I knew.

1 Like

Never knew the British version

2 Likes

Sure, dude. I also grew up in Appalachia. Very UK settled back in the day. Lots of Brit English lingers.

2 Likes

That’s the east coast right?

2 Likes

Yep

1 Like

Might not be too far from you

2 Likes

I can see the Appalachian mountains from my house. Spend a lot of time in Blue Ridge and had a temporary home in Cherokee. Wife grew up in West Virginia right in the heart of them. And yeah, you can trace a lot of mountain and southern accents to the Brits.

3 Likes

Dude, I’m like 50 miles away from Cherokee, NC. I imagine if you can see the mountains that you’re in the foothills of one of several states. I betcha I’m pretty familiar with where you live now. Especially if you’re in SC, NC, TN, KY, VA, or WV. I kinda grew up in all those upland south/Mid Atlantic locations. I don’t have an accent though. I needed speech therapy, so I sound like a mid latitude NPR radio host.

2 Likes

Upstate SC here. My accent is undefined because, while I grew up here, I’ve also spent years in South Florida and Phoenix.

3 Likes

I grew up spending my summers in Oconee County. My parents owned a house on Lake Keowee. I imagine you’re in Greenville, Pickens, or Oconee if you can see the mountains. Forgive my excitement. You’re the first person I’ve met on here that was any closer than Roanoke, VA.

I used to go to this nifty comic shop on the Clemson Campus back in the 90’s. Good times, man. Good times. (still own my 97 SeaDoo SPX)

I was real close to coming to see Everclear play in Greenville next week, but I don’t like the venue. It’s also the 30th anniversary tour, and I felt old. They’re also on the stage too late. :joy:

2 Likes

Spartanburg. My first shop was Heroes Aren’t Hard to Find in Westgate Mall, but then they moved across the street, switched hands, and became Tangled Web. It’s my closest, but my favorites are both in Greenville. Richard’s Comics and to a lesser extent Borderlands.

3 Likes

Have you been to Asheville lately? We have, like, a dozen shops now. I love the oldest, but it’s a drive for me. They’ve been open since I was seven (33 years). Pastimes.

Morgan’s Comics on the west side is my typical choice. I used to buy everything at a newsstand growing up, but it’s a gas station now. :pensive:

Anyway, I digress. Hi, neighbor! :v:

2 Likes

Can’t say I get there too often. In fact, haven’t been there since I’ve been back to SC. Closest I got was Hendersonville. And Bat Cave of course.

1 Like