An Aquaman Piece!

Here’s an aquaman piece I did last year, I’ve absolutely loved this week with you guys, and I love all of your positivity! I hope to be posting more soon, but for now, I hope you guys are ok with some old art​:joy::joy:
Edit: I forgot to ask you guys if you would like to see any of my more comic style art, or any requests that you would like for inspiration!

22 Likes

That’s amazing.

4 Likes

I’ll take anything you post. :+1:

5 Likes

Fantastic! I love it!

3 Likes

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing, killer piece! Post all you want, we won’t mind at all!

2 Likes

Awesome

2 Likes

That’s really cool. I love Aquaman!

1 Like

This is really striking, @loganmichaelphilips! Spitting image of Jason Momoa, with an incredible amount of detail and lifelike “under the sea” highlights. Fantastic job! Thank you for sharing!

1 Like

@KeyFamily thanks for the positive feedback!! I really tried on this one to get the shading right!!

2 Likes

Fierce! You captured the intensity of Aquaman. :heart:

2 Likes

I’m always in awe of anyone with your skill. That is really well done.

Regarding your question, I’m down to see any art you’re willing to share.

2 Likes

You’re most welcome, @loganmichaelphilips. You did an amazing job on the shading!

3 Likes

What technique is used to make the scales of his armor actually pop out like that? I used to love drawing but never tried painting or anything.

Whoo, wee!

2 Likes

You’ve really captured Aquaman’s intensity! Seriously, well done! :smile:

3 Likes

@Bukdiah so I drew out the scales with ink first, to make sure they had enough base shadow underneath, then I went in with my warmer gray tones and shaded the sides. I added yellow then brown over top to add more curvature, finally I added white gel pen highlights to add shine to some of them exposed most in the light.

Reading back over this I sound like I actually knew what I was doing, which would be a total lie. :joy::joy: I just kinda tried things on separate pieces of paper and used what worked.

3 Likes

That’s the king of the seven seas right there! Great job!

2 Likes

Nice

1 Like

That’s awesome :slight_smile: :+1: You’ve really captured the essence of Aquaman.

2 Likes