Amazon Headquarters

It seems like in any fandom there are those who gravitate to that kind of thinking. I can’t think of any characters I actually hate, although I find some of them extremely annoying. I can forgive heroes and villains anything but being annoying. Speaking of which:

There is enough tedious in real life. I read comics to find those who are charming.

As for romance, I certainly don’t ship them. They have enough going on in their lives without trying to make a relationship work between them. How many superheroes have a healthy marriage? It usually leads to heartbreak or “it’s complicated.”

7 Likes

I love anything Bilquis Evely does. I may need to try to get this next week…been a long time since I went variant hunting!

Also, I personally prefer Diana with her demigoddess status. I like the element of humanity being part of her. But I also love her no matter what she is or how she appears.

8 Likes

Well said, sir. (And well said, Oscar Wilde.) :blush:

5 Likes

I don’t hate batman, I just like other characters more and i don’t think they should be a couple

7 Likes

I am beyond excited for the Monolith Wonder Woman game. I hope it captures the essence of her powers and personality as well as the Arkham games do for Batman and the Insomniac Spider-Man games do for Peter Parker and Miles Morales. I’m also hoping we get alternate skins from the various eras of the comics and the live-action versions! The game needs Lynda Carter and Gal Gadot suits!

6 Likes

Speaking of Gal Gadot, I’m excited for Heart of Stone, especially with Greg Rucka writing it, but this makes me worry that Gal doesn’t want to keep playing Wonder Woman. I mean, if WW gets recast because Gal wants to move on, that will hurt so much less than studio nonsense ending her tenure in the role, but it’ll still hurt. Hopefully she works on her own original films while still playing Wonder Woman in Gunn’s DCU. Heck, why not have Greg Rucka write the next Wonder Woman movie? That’d be so cool to see Gal star in a WW film written by none other than Greg Rucka!

7 Likes

It seems odd to me that Gal Gadot never officially announced that she is done with the Wonder Woman role. Cavill did it with Superman right away and Dwayne Johnson wasted no time telling people that his Black Adam will not be featured in the DCU Chapter 1. But for Gal Gadot, all we have are statements from James Gunn saying that she’s up for more WW appearances and that he’s still figuring out what’s next for her, confirmation that Gadot and Gunn met regarding WW’s future, and now this.

9 Likes

Yea, this is weirdly handled. And pretty underwhelming if she is truly 100% officially done with the character

7 Likes

I think this is a mixture of Reddit doing what it does best which is post outlandish statements and put everyone under one umbrella or the other. The classic us vs them technique has plagued that site for a long time.

Batman isn’t my favorite character but I don’t hate him, either. I do think there is a lot more of Batman out there than other characters that I would like to see more of. That oversaturation might have something to do with the Reddit people.

With that said, I am open to more Batman and Wonder Woman stories. I do prefer her with Steve Trevor in the same way that I prefer Lois with Clark. That doesn’t make my opinion a fact and that is where a lot of Reddit falls sadly.

10 Likes

I’m holding on to the fleeting hope that Gal Gadot is staying as Wonder Woman in the new DCU. It assumes that Gunn was telling the truth and that she was never “booted” or “let go” and she and Gunn/Safran are just figuring out what to do next with her WW in the franchise.

8 Likes

This is the kind of level-headed discussion that makes me choose this place over Reddit or any other social media platform. There’s no reason for fans to tear each other apart over this stuff. We have more in common than we have differences.

@Jay_Kay, I sadly could not find a gif of Diana saying “Hate is useless” to Aquaman from ZSJL, but that’s how I wanted to respond to your post. :blush:

I need to actively stop worrying about this for my own mental health. Of course, I want Gal (and Patty) to stay. But Gal’s response is understandable and should serve as a message to the people in charge at Warner Bros: do no expect talented and in-demand people to wait around while you figure out what the heck you’re doing. :confused:

11 Likes

Me too. I want Gal to stay as Wonder Woman so badly but if it’s Gal herself who wants to move on, than she should move on. Ben Affleck is my favorite version of Batman, but the role became life-threateningly bad for Affleck’s health, so it’s for the best that he’s done with it. As far as Gal Gadot goes, I sincerely hope she has a change of heart and WBD/Gunn/Safran keep her in the DCU as the main WW.

7 Likes

giphy

11 Likes

xwws3fx

5 Likes

Fans were disappointed to learn last year that Wonder Woman 3 would not be moving forward under the studio’s new leadership. However, at Sunday’s fan event, Gadot hinted that the franchise might not be over.

“Things are being worked behind the scenes,” Gadot told ET, “and once the right moment arrives, you’ll know about it.”

This sounds promising. Strange that news outlets forgot to mention this quote.

9 Likes

I know that Gunn’s DCU has a few actors coming over (Waller, Weasel, Peacemaker, and apparently Sasha Calle has been in talks regarding Supergirl with Safran), but considering both Batman and Superman are being recast…it might be best to recast WW as well? I loved Gal in the first WW film. But recasting might be the best decision if they want to help distinguish this DCU from the DCEU

8 Likes

Was just reading this ET article right now and rushed over to post it but you’re already on point @WWofThemyscira. :+1:

It ain’t over 'til it’s over y’all. Gal G. is just too popular to let go of. Truly hoping she stays.
:00_wonder_woman_gold: :00_wonder_woman_gold: :00_wonder_woman_gold:

7 Likes

I don’t think it’ll be a problem! I mean, The Flash just had Barry work with Keaton’s Batman and end with (spoiler) instead of Affleck so I don’t think carrying over Gal Gadot (and hopefully Jason Momoa as Aquaman and not Lobo) in a largely recasted DCU will be hard to swallow for viewers. I mean J.K. Simmons came back as a VERY different J. Jonah Jameson in the MCU’s Spider-Man films, plus Waller and Peacemaker all interacted with old DCEU characters. Gal Gadot is to Wonder Woman what Simmons is to Jameson or Hugh Jackman is to Wolverine. It’s better to just keep her as the DCU’s Wonder Woman. :00_wonder_woman_gold:

7 Likes

I get what your saying. But in the current cinematic landscape where even the average movie watcher will ask how does this movie fit in with others within a cinematic universe, the argument to recast WW has more legs. I love JK Simmons as JJJ and I’m happy he still is that character. But keep in the mind, the reason keeping him works is because everything else about the current cinematic Spider-Man has changed. Hell, JJJ is no longer a paper editor in the MCU but an Alex Jones type person.

While carrying over Viola Davis as Waller might raise a couple of questions, she is still relatively minor enough where it shouldn’t be that big of a distraction. Also, the Paradise Lost show is already seemingly going to change the history of Themyscira and Amazons for the DCU. So recasting Diana just feels like a natural follow through.

6 Likes

All fair points, for sure. But if Gal isn’t the only major DCEU actor to stay, I think it’d be easy to understand for viewers. If they keep Momoa as Aquaman and bring back Sasha Calle as Supergirl (heck if they even keep Ezra Miller as Barry), it wouldn’t be a big deal for Gal to stay as Wonder Woman. Plus, Paradise Lost is exploring a point in Amazonian history that the old DCEU skipped so it might just end up explaining the changes made to Gal’s WW lore if she’s staying. Of course, it’d also explain the new WW lore if Gal gets recast. But I’m holding out hope that Gal will keep on playing WW while bracing myself for a recast.

7 Likes