Amazon Headquarters

8 Likes

It will be interesting to see where Kings run goes with things.
Revealing that his story plan with Trinity was originally a pitch for a story about Mister Miracles son is not to surprising, as writers do carry plans like that.

Establishing that the future story takes place 20 years in the future and Trinity is 19 though…That sets a timeline. And i’ll be curious how far King gets in his run if at all before Trinity in the present is introduced. The fact that a four issue run can cover decades and an ongoing spanning decades can all take place within the same summer, makes things like time in a comic book hard to pin down.

Voicing Perez and Messner-Loebs runs as his favorite surprised me. If only because I expected him to be more into O’Neil and Sekowsky.

Curious what King means when he says “Wonder Woman has radical empathy that the world is not ready for”
Though I appreciate his emphasis that his run will heavily involve Diana getting embroiled in politics and that she is a force for change and challenging the status quo.

Saying Jiminez and Orlando are the writers who best understand Wonder Woman as a character is certainly interesting to hear him say.
Especially with a declaration that this run wont have much god/mythological stuff and focus more on ‘Diana in the world’

Oh and he intends this to be a ‘really long run’

Still sad to see Cloonan and Conrad go as they brought us some amazing gems, but im hopeful that we have some grand times going forward too.

9 Likes

out of curiosity has anyone on here played that DC MMO? I heard it does alot with the Amazons, but im unable to play it so I was curious

5 Likes

saw this recently, wanted to share

7 Likes

@WonderSquadron Hai everybody! I hope this finds you well. :purple_heart: It’s a new month, which means we have some new activities for you! But first! Here’s this: :star_struck:

Next: :face_with_monocle: An Advisory Question:

:balance_scale: Which Amazon-specific title is more fun to say (or do you prefer)?

• Amazonian Tribal Council
  • Themysciran Guard
  • Can we have both? :eyes:
  • Other, I’ll make one up (possibly about Doom’s Doorway or Kangas) and list it below!
0 voters

Next, we have a Spotlight on :crown: Nubia, stop by when you can:

And a crossover discussion w/ our neighbors at :00_birds_of_prey: Birds of Prey: :raised_hands: #SBFFS!!

12 Likes

@nuuninuunani :eyes: Do you mean this?

I like her so :woman_shrugging:t2: I wouldn’t say no to her playing ah version of Diana. I want more Amazons (Donna, Artemis, Nubia, etc) BUT —I still want Gal to stay. :purple_heart: It still feels like she just got here. I’m not ready for her to go! :woman_judge:t2: I (and I’m positive @Angel212) will be deeply unhappy if she doesn’t return for something of her own. :neutral_face: You? …Anyone else?

Ps. :star_struck: I forgot this one, friends!

10 Likes

Yes, I think we need more Gal. It seems like she might be staying for a bit but who can tell with all the rumors?

7 Likes

True. I try to stay away from rumors in general, so unless I see something concrete (that’s more than a cameo) I just do this :see_no_evil: and pretend I didn’t see it.

I’ll approach it with an open mind. :purple_heart:

7 Likes

Yeah, a bit back I saw a trailer for this…

And I was curious, though I don’t really have the time to play with MMOs

9 Likes

what’s it for? i can’t decide lol

5 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CtST8BfPYYZ/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Gorgeous WW artwork by the legendary Jose Luis Garcia Lopez.

6 Likes

Well… :eyes: I was thinking of altering the member title, so members would have a different one under their username. :purple_heart: Thoughts? #Cahootery

I haven’t played many games lately, so I can’t speak on this. I did see something about Monolith showcasing her new game soon tho

:thought_balloon: Wonders if @d.Manha has any input? :video_game:

10 Likes

Ps everybody :coffee:

13 Likes

She’s already been a goddess twice, so why not a third time!

5 Likes

She should just be a goddess, always. :wonderwoman: That’s a beautiful cover, ps!

7 Likes

I used to play the MMO when it first came out and it was a subscription based game instead of the current system. I can say back then it was an awesome game for a comic nerd. I didn’t interact a lot with other people when I played, as there were enough stand alone moments to enjoy as its own game. I imagine it has only improved since when I played. I know that you play your own created hero in the DC Universe and get to intetact with a huge multitude of DC characters. My favorite from when I played was when I randomly ran into a bunch of Teen Titans characters. Playing it, you never really knew who you were going to run into and where. Metropolis, Gotham City, and I believe Themyscira are all places in the game. You even decide if you are being a hero or villain. Depending on that choice is who you will interact with along your journey. Man, talking about it makes me want to go back in and play it.

4 Likes

Bold of you to assume that she isn’t already considered one :two_hearts:

7 Likes

I’m curious as to where – I think pretty much all the big summer game conferences are done. There are some smaller ones here and there but the biggest is probably The Game Awards in December. I think that’s probably the most likely time we’ll see it – if I remember right, it initially debuted at TGA in 2021 or 2022.

4 Likes

Anyway, here’s something interesting I’m curious about:

So I was browsing Reddit (my first mistake, I know), found myself on the Wonder Woman subreddit and there was a thread about Wonder Woman and Batman, a lot of it was talking about the romantic pairing (which is something I think worked well enough in some universes but don’t need in the main), but there was a sentiment I saw a lot of about how “the Wonder Woman fandom hates Batman” and thus the character should as well.

I certainly don’t think that’s the case – I mean, I frequent here and I run a Batman book club as well – but do you guys see that sentiment as well with the character, or is this the case of a bunch of redditors needing desperately to touch some grass?

6 Likes

Oh, and here’s some great variant covers for the upcoming Wonder Woman #1.

Stanley “Artgerm” Lau

Julian Totino Tedesco

Matteo Scalera

Mikel Janin

Chris Bachelo (WIP)

Rose Besch

12 Likes