Amazon Headquarters

I saw the news and I don’t want us all to jump to conclusions. :balance_scale: :wondersquadron1:

It doesn’t state anything other than its been put on hold, potentially while they reorganize. They did just hire new people to over see the film and tv division, so it stands to reason they need time to lay out a plan. Patty JUST finished a script a few weeks ago, they have an Amazon TV series allegedly in the works, and let’s not forget that Gal is a producer on some of these projects. Unless WB are even more tactless than many of us already think they are, she would’ve been privy to this info when she posted this yesterday:

:point_up_2:I believe she meant this, and her optimism is what we should focus on. Aka: Let’s not speculate with doom and let their trademark fake-controversy manipulate us until we have more info.

Personally, I was happy that JG & PS were given a chance to oversee DC films and tv, and I won’t forget ALL the reasons why. I’m leaning toward this announcement, along with other new projects recently, as things being reworked to bring us MORE Diana, and MORE Amazons, among others, not less.

It would also be slightly idiotic to erase her from their film universe right now. Wonder Woman is not just arguably THE most popular female hero, but she is a global icon who makes ridiculous amounts of money for WB/DC in both film and the ancillary market, and has inspired millions of people all over the world…for 81 years. :nail_care: Especially when they have someone as great as Gal already playing her, and Patty, a great director who gets this character.

No one panic. :purple_heart: Let’s see where it goes.

17 Likes