All About Birds of Prey Comic Books

Will run that request by the team for you, @Mae! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you, @MissInkBlot, I really hope these won’t be held back. This service is really my only way of reading comics, and I’m really excited to see more of my beloved Huntress and Black Canary!

1 Like

Woo! Another BOP title is announced!

Has anyone been reading any BOP with the movie coming out?

Not much, just reread all 127 issues (plus original oneshots) of the original series in the span of like four days.

1 Like

Oh wow, that’s a productive four days! When Helena’s origin was shown in the movie I couldn’t help but think back to the 1989 Huntress series, one of my all-time favorites. If anyone loved Huntress as much as I did in the movie (it was a great introduction and I want so much more!), then do check those issues out, just incredible stuff!

1 Like

I have read all of the one shots in the BoP section and am at 43 nearing the end of Chuck Dixon’s work on the title. Quick question, are you reading all of the tie-in books for stories like Joker’s Last Laugh? I did the entire crossover for Officer Down but have not for the rest of the crossover stories. This probably makes me a monster, but I am treating those books as a sneak peak into a day of the life of Oracle and company.

I try to, especially if they involve the Birds. I had been working on a much more elaborate list of all of their appearances (Black Canary, Huntress, Oracle) and trying to see if I can follow all of their appearances but the resource I was using went down and I don’t know of a good replacement…

1 Like

Have you tried using the Wayback Machine on archive.org?
Internet Archive: Wayback Machine

I have just found a podcast or two that Birds centric. Feathers and Foes is the first podcast. This focuses on Birds of Prey and from the 30 minutes I have listened to this evening I will be enjoying this show. Another podcast from the same people is called Huntress/Batgirl Podcast. I haven’t listened to it yet but I am following it on Spotify.

I just finished Harley Quinn and the Birds of Prey Black Label book. This served better as a Harley book but I was happy to see some BoP action. As an adult title this worked pretty good, there was definitely jokes they couldn’t have in a normal comic. It feels weird to say this but the best part of this book was the ending cliffhanger. There is definitely enough there that leaves me wanting more.

I have also finished the BoP TV series, again. I do think the quality available on DCU is a little better than the DVDs I bought many years ago.

1 Like

I really wish we could get these Black Label issues here, especially those that are published as mini-series and not just graphic novels, obviously. It’s really inetersting what BOP looks like in this iteration.

1 Like

The team is a little different than what I am used to. Huntress looks great in the book. I called my comic shop about the new Birds of Prey title that was supposed to be a new ongoing and then it became a Black Label one shot that keeps getting pushed back. The new date is April!

1 Like

Harley Quinn and the Birds of Prey is going to be sold on digital stores on March 24, 2020! I will be picking up a copy that day as I still haven’t seen it.

On a personal note, I have finished the first volume of Birds of Prey!!! So many great stories and even better character building. While there are some things I didn’t like, those weren’t enough for me to stop reading. On to the next volume!!!

Also, I know @KeyFamily is reading BoP and I can’t wait to read what they think of this amazing series!

3 Likes

That means the movie will probably be available on HBO Max when it launches in May! Even though she wasn’t in it for long, I loved Huntress. Her origin story as a little girl was just like in her debut in her 1989 series, which I adore.

1 Like

I am in the second series and taking my time as I get easily distracted. However, this is completely bonkers and I am loving every moment of vol 2.

1 Like

Aww thank you for the shoutout @darkstarz25! I am absolutely loving the Birds of Prey series so far! Looking forward to talking about it once I finish.

2 Likes

Savant is one of the more interesting characters in BoP. Whenever I see him I have tried to figure out who he reminds me of. I have finally figured it out!
Savant

Ian Nottingham from Witchblade

More BoP news!!

Here is the second cover of Harley Quinn and Birds of Prey! Artwork is by Amanda Connor and colored by Paul Mounts.

1 Like

That’s really fun-looking!

1 Like

Here is a Huntress drawn by Amanda Connor.