Adventures Of Superman Season One

I just finished the first season of Adventures Of Superman. George Reeves is excellent as both Clark Kent and Superman. I like that Clark is a sophisticated reporter. I always preferred Clark Kent this way instead of a bumbling guy who trips over everything. The episode that stood out is The Stolen Costume. The bad guys found out Superman’s identity. He put them on a snowy mountain knowing they would fall to their death and die. They can’t tell his secret if their dead. The first season is darker in tone, and that’s what makes it so good.

3 Likes

Sorry about that. I should’ve marked it as a spoiler. This is the first community I decided to join, and I’m still figuring out how it works. I’m glad your enjoying the show too though!

The first season is very good, but wait until you get to the second season where Superman does more than just punch the bad guys. Episodes like “The Defeat of Superman”, “Superman In Exile” and “Around The World With Superman” put the character front and center as the show takes on a more comic book feel. The second season is the best of the series. I envy you if this is your first time viewing these wonderful little gems. On my Mount Rushmore of all-time great tv series, The Adventures of Superman stands with Bonanza, Star Trek: The Next Generation and All In the Family. That’s good company.

2 Likes

I’m making my way (slowly) through the first season of this series. The plots can sometimes be silly, with criminals that over-complicate their schemes to ridiculous degrees, but it remains a fun show.

1 Like

This wonderful show is best enjoyed with a bowl of Kellogg’s Corn Flakes.

3 Likes

:bowl_with_spoon: :smiley: Completely agree!

1 Like