Academic or Scholarly Work

Post any Scholarly or Academic work on DC, Vertigo, or Wildstorm comics here.

5 Likes

I wrote my Masterā€™s Thesis on Batman Comics.
Here is the link:
https://digitalcommons.liberty.edu/masters/456/

11 Likes

I wrote an undergraduate Senior Thesis on Superman thatā€™s actually been cited and bibliographied a couple of times. Itā€™s lodged online here:
ws.fortress.net.nu/americanway/thesis.php

10 Likes

I canā€™t give enough thumbs up here. Bravo!

5 Likes

I wrote a Research paper on comics.

5 Likes

@HaruTheCatGirl

Post a link, if you can or want! I love this kind of stuff.

4 Likes

Wow, Amazing work everyone! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Superb idea for a thread, @Andy__Ford! I canā€™t wait to read through those shared. So much hard work on display; certainly worth being proud of! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Look up Julian Darius.

2 Likes

Sorry, I meant to include this linkā€¦
http://sequart.org/magazine/tag/the-dc-canon/

2 Likes

Oh, wow. How am I just seeing this.
Definitely interested in reading academic works on the ideas and concepts behind superhero characters.
Anyone do any write-upā€™s on villains?

1 Like

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1q91QUWnWcr7yqcAJRMs6dJ68w-GpIt5S24Rqfb1Xbh4/edit?usp=sharing

if u actually read this paper, please search my name here on dcu and comment on my thread for the paper!

2 Likes

Dear Ms. Leitner,
An enjoyable introduction to the subject. Itā€™s titled Science Fair. What was the manner of presentation? Online only or some kind of hard copy, like on poster board?
Keep reading and writing. My college thesis on Superman is in the same DCU chain as your paper.
Best,
Mike Mautner

1 Like

Just thought it would be cool to give everyone a link to read a research paper i wrote on comics. hope yā€™all enjoy it. please give feedback below!

8 Likes

Good to see someone citing Scott McCloud. His ā€œUnderstanding Comicsā€ should be required readingšŸ˜

Good essay!

3 Likes

Interesting that Scottā€™s three volumes are unavailable at Kindle and Nook.

Luckily I have the print versions.

His Understanding Comics is sited as a reference in many areas, Inc.using film, interface design and systems development

2 Likes

Iā€™m so happy someone read my paper! thanks for saying it was good! Scott McCloud is a genius!

3 Likes

I would literally die if Bernard Chang or Jim Lee read this!!!

3 Likes

A person not knowing anything about comics would know a lot more after reading your essay. Accurate as is, but not sequential in terms of history.

Your Supergirl cover is very impressive.

It Reminds me somewhat of the very good Graphic Novel, Being Super, which has Kara going to high school, being on the farm, living with her parents, running track, getting alien acne, and just being with her two best friends, for the majority of pages.

Just like other girls, but one who can lift her fatherā€™s tractor with one hand.

The woman who illustrated the story is Noelle Jones, who currently writes and draws Catwoman.

The author is award winning Marino Tamaki

2 Likes

thanks so much!

2 Likes