A Night in Arkham RPG Thread!

Question…are we working together? And do we need to stay together?

Being a thug I’d feel pretty safe amongst the inmates, generally…but if we need to stay together I don’t want to drag the rest of the group into an awkward situation.

Loving it so far! Thanks for organizing this. I know it takes decent effort to make something like this happen.

3 Likes

That’s up to you for now. My advice is to stick together but that is just advice.

I have behind the scenes rules for this, but basically all you need to know is this: You can split up but if you get too far apart I will rig the game to get you back together. Do what you want, just know that if you get too far away, I’ll be throwing something at you to get you back to the group.

(The distance varies dramatically depending on circumstances so I can’t give an exact answer, sorry.)

This is perfectly fine. The guard (Floyd/LDFM) may not be happy about that though…

Thanks! I’m looking forward to it!

2 Likes

Game time…

Ok. On one hand I know I have friends in lockup but I also have some enemies. Between rival gangs and rumors of the GCPD trying to flip me probably more enemies than I realize. So with caution I’m going to peak into the open doorway to see what we’re dealing with.

2 Likes

“Of course the doors OPEN, instead of close during a lockdown… I thought maintenance took care of that…”

Well, the visitors area isn’t very safe. There is a security room/checkpoint, further in of course, that would probably be a good direction to head in. Maybe we can check if there’s any security feed that survived before power went out, or if anyone was on guard saw anything.

Since I worked the street before transferring here, I am aware of “The Brick”, while I’m not thrilled that he’s here right now, I have to look out for the safety of the visitors.

Kevin isn’t too much of a threat in my opinion (at least right now :stuck_out_tongue:). While crazy, I’m assuming he is restricted by handcuffs or something? So I’m not extremely worried.

Let’s look in the room/hall with my flashlight to see what’s there…

2 Likes

As you both lean and look down the hallway, you hear a chain rattle. There is someone coming down the hallway towards you! They are currently out of sight but it is clear that they are headed for you.

@Jay_Kay , it is your turn.

2 Likes

I sit in the visitors lounge of this asylum, mulling over the questions the reporter asked me. It was strange, like he had more knowledge of Krypton than I. But that’s just not possible, even if he comes from the same place most of my people congregate. Maybe one day one of them will visit, I–

Suddenly the lights flicker and the doors open. I stand up and start walking out the door. I hesitate for a moment, wondering if anyone else, or the more dangerous inmates are free as well. But I push it aside. These psychopaths can’t hurt me, and the guards might need my help to stop this breakout before people get hurt.

3 Likes

Is it weird I’m more worried about Kevin than anyone else in this place? I’ve got my eye on you…

3 Likes

As Floyd and and Boris peer cautiously down the hallway, Kevin walks casually past them. The sounds of rattling chains is getting closer…

It’s anyone’s turn!

3 Likes

“It’s your funeral, kid”

If Kevin wants to be the “scout” then by all means I will let him be the one to find out what the rattling chains are all about. I ain’t his mommy.

I take a defensive stance while shooting Floyd a look that says “what’s your play, chief?”

Here’s my Boris avatar btw. Link below to character creator.

2 Likes

Love that pic! Boris has a nice beard!

What is everyone else’s play?

1 Like

“I’ve seen some crazy stuff here, but this is new…”

Gotta try and keep up with Kevin, and get him under control, I follow him into the room… trying to catch up, but also being cautious with the new situation arising.

Talking to Boris: “Staying here isn’t very defensible, especially if inmates are somehow getting out. If anything, we need to be mobile. Security checkpoint is through here anyways…”

2 Likes

To Floyd: “You’re the one getting paid to be here. We’ll do it your way. Just don’t get me killed.”

2 Likes

As I walk out of the Visitor’s Center, I notice the thug and the guard watching us following suit. I turn to look at them.

“Don’t worry, citizens. I’ll make sure you’re safe.”

I see the security checkpoint that the guard mentioned, and faintly hear chains rustling in the distance. I try to focus my super-hearing but can’t get much else. Again, I curse the original developers of this Asylum for lining the walls with lead all these years ago.

3 Likes

@Jay_Kay, roll 2d6.

@Kelex roll 2d6

1 Like

:game_die: 2, 2

2 Likes

Kevin hears chains and behind those chains, a set of feet. It sounds like there is someone in chains in front of someone without chains. They will round the corner just in front of you all very soon (next turn).

@Cradle2theGabe or @LDFM roll 2d6. (This is a knowledge check to see if you can guess who is coming, doesn’t matter to be who does it).

@Jay_Kay, your turn is free now if you want.

1 Like

@kelex roll 2d6

1 Like

:game_die: 2, 3

1 Like

Smartphone isn’t helpful in this situation but you suspect that, since there is someone without chains, they are likely either freed (why them and not their friend?) Or a fellow guard (why leave the checkpoint?).

The other person is clearly a prisoner since there hasn’t been time to chain a guard or doctor up.

1 Like