A New Gotham Arises in Place of the One of Kate and Ryan

So… it looks like Supergirl did run last night? It looks like episode 5-14, THE BODYGUARD is available on the CW APP, but without the stream now promotion page at the start.

3 Likes

Supergirl was definitely new and a good episode. Much of the story is stand alone, which I do miss on television even though I love the serialized stories as well…

4 Likes

screencapture-cwtv-schedule-2020-03-10-08_37_08

screencapture-google-search-2020-03-10-08_44_48

screencapture-cwtv-schedule-2020-03-10-08_37_08 (1)

screencapture-google-search-2020-03-10-08_55_09

Streaming Tomorrow 3/11/2020 on the CW APP!

6 Likes

The weeks was great.

BL: the season finale was awesome. The entire episode battle between BL and Gravedigger was awesome. Henderson’s death was done well. A simple death protecting his friend. Now big extravagant thing needed just something nice and simple. The Grace in coma thing felt random. Maybe it will play out in the future. Tobias was doing his thing and Painkiller as well. His fight with himself was cool but that weird slowmo blur thing was strange. in the end a great season with a rocky start. And based off that end it looks like Gravedigger may be the villain or the whole season not just the end.

SG: Seemed like your standard good episode. She saved the day and while Lex’s plans move forward. It does look like a Brainy is doubting his choices. And Manhunter bringing in mor Mars stuff is great.

BW: kind of standard villain of the week episode with some twist. BW learns that lesson on getting close. And alices plan moves on. Did enjoy that the jokers daughter showed up. Didn’t expect that. Also a Harvy and GCPD name drop with fear gas shown. Next weeks episode is going to be crazy.

Flash: was great. Wally’s return was awesome especially that opening scene. Cisco’s return was nice cool. The death of the speed force being due to crisis was great. Showing even the good they did from that still has effects. And Reverse Flash’s return was awesome. Can’t wait to see how it plays out.

Legends: my favorite this week as I’m a sucker for villain redemption. And Dark returning for redemption was great. The whole lie Noras made was funny and me Parker’s cul de sac was great. It was a very sweet episode with ray and Nora getting married. Also Mic meeting his kid was fun. Definitely can see Ray and Nora’s exit coming. Hope them leaving is temporary even though I feel it may be for Ryan Choi to take the atom mantle. Also wildogs call was nice. Still acknowledging arrow characters which I find great. And Dark sacrificing himself. An ultimate villain redemption (in a way). I feel we probably won’t see dark again as this seems to be his Arrowverse send off.

3 Likes

Black lightning: i feel like the show has gotten so much better. The BL thor landing was so cool this season. Loved wayne bradey coming on as the big bad. ([Legends: Adorable episode. Love Ray and Nora getting more story. Apparently they’re getting ready to go off the show from what’s been said on various media and interviews. So however their story ends… Brandon routh said it was “abrupt” to him in an interview with Michael Rosenbaum. I gotta say I enjoy their storyline but i can see where they haven’t done much with it and haven’t really used their characters…they barely have Ray even do the Atom suit anymore in LOT. He did in Crises but … i love caity lotz but I mean…Routh could have had a more central role…he ended up being the loveable white knight instead though. There’s so many characters that they have to puck a few central storylines to eventually wrap up. ([ Batwoman: I’m fine with it…it still just doesn’t feel like Gotham, doesn’t feel like a world where Batman was…Alice is fine…glad they’re doing a villain of the week thing…but i just can’t get past the lack of what was Batman’s world…just not being there. So glad to see the fear gas in use. Please scarceow please lol i understand the bait references rationale and they can only use so much but the more the better. ([Glad to step away from the "Why isn’t Lena my friend " show for awhile. I like it though… wanna see more martian manhunter! Lex and Leviathan are good villains…Lex is doing a great job acting…he really helps the show. Leviathan seems off in left field…like what’s their point right now? Lex will find a way to amass all that power undoubtedly. ([Arrow - anyone know the status of the green arrow and the canaries spinoff? I’m assuming it isn’t happening honestly…)]

FB_IMG_1572671377869 FB_IMG_1572677640594 ([Flash - does barry tire of seeing hisom ded? It’s hapened allot. Mirror master story is intriguing FB_IMG_1573416862209

3 Likes

NEXT WEEK!!

2 Likes

Oh no… this is huge:

1 Like

This is uncomfortable news. While I urge everyone to be aware of the dangers of a pandemic, hiding for 2 weeks or even six months isn’t going to solve anything. It’s like closing your eyes believing its all going to go away.

That sucks especially because Doom Patrol is effected :cry: I couldn’t find info on how far into the shooting they’ve done but with Georgia (where the show’s filmed is in a state of emergency it’s better to be safe and shut down).

Agreed. I feel like before the crisis they were a good “main” villain, now they are almost non-existent except for the few scenes with Lex. I’m hoping for them to overpower Lex and they make him their puppet.

2 Likes

Shutting down actually helps. It prevents contact with people from multiple areas, many affected by the pandemic. It keeps the cast and crew safer, as not working leads to less exposure. Time is needed to get control and hopefully 2 weeks will be more than enough…

3 Likes

Last week, the CW shows all felt a little bit over-stuffed.

Legends carried this off the best, again giving us some of the best writing on television, and actors clearly taking nothing but joy in their work. Critics will never agree, but this is often the best show on television. “Are you really calling out book club?”

Batwoman felt strangely episodic, with Alice seeming kind of inserted until her final, terrifying moment with Duela. Mary and Luke continue to be the best supporting characters on television-- not that the so-called mainstream will ever notice.

Supergirl nearly drowned in its many subplots. It DIDN’T drown, and a very good episode ensued-- but it’s really time to wrap some stuff up a little, or start winding the threads together.

The Flash took a little too much time on sub-plots-- the editing on those subplots seeming too leisurely when it could have been cut by seconds, giving more time to the main plot of Barry and Wally. And Iris really needs to escape that mirror world.

Black Lightning was a balloon ready to burst, with one really glaring thud-- Anissa is told, “Stay on mission!” And she appears to accept this-- despite Grace being badly hurt–and then we never see her again until the mission is over. I’m actually hoping for a 50 minute version of this season finale on any home releases.

TONIGHT

screencapture-cwtv-schedule-2020-03-15-09_02_55

screencapture-google-search-2020-03-15-09_10_18

screencapture-cwtv-schedule-2020-03-15-09_02_55 (1)

screencapture-google-search-2020-03-15-09_08_09

Streaming tomorrow on the CW APP! (3/16/2020)

4 Likes

I LOVE the CW shows

4 Likes

Supergirl delivered a really strong trans story this week. Excellent episode and not preachy. Arrowverse is great at that…

2 Likes

Batwoman continues to amaze me when they focus on Alice and her backstory. The things she went through over the years will break your heart.

Also, as weird as this is going to sound, I love that they show Kate making mistakes. She’s still learning this whole hero thing and will occasionally stumble, but that’s part of the learning process.

6 Likes

Complicating things even further-- what season were each of the WB CW shows working on? Apparently, they were looking to start production on Superman and Lois early, and Batwoman appears to have been working on season two-- But non-DC related Supernatural was still finishing its current and final season-- it’s most likely the odd show out…

1 Like

Superman and Lois looked like it was starting production for its fall premiere, but the other shows were suspended as they were wrapping up filming for the current seasons

1 Like

TONIGHT!

The Trouble with Harr-- Umm-- Nash—

Screenshot_2020-03-17 The CW Schedule CW TV Shows CW Broadcast Schedule

AND A FAREWELL NO ONE IS LOOKING FORWARD TO–

Screenshot_legends

Streaming tomorrow on the CW APP! (3/18/2020)

1 Like

Some good stuff this week.

BW: An awesome episode. Would be my favorite this week but I’m a sucker for goodbyes so legends took it. But the Alice relationship grows. The fear has was great. And she crossed the line. From my experience she is normally will to cross that line in the bat family. Will these lead to that or will they go a lighter approach.

SG: a nice episode. Enjoyed seeing Dreamer in action. Alex’s weapon adapt. A lot of nice moments. And the shocking ending of there dad dying. How could they kill Dean. But I have a feeling he may come back after seeing leviathans floating dead bodies.

Flash: an great episode. The mirror plot grows. Thawnes final showdown (at least for now was great). Seemed like a dead on comic book moment. And learnomorw about Nash was nice. A lot of cool stuff. And the sunshine case seen was cool. Also I think the Chief may be the mole. It seems to obvious but sometimes it’s just that.

Legends: my favorite of the week. A classic legends adventure but with sad departure of Ray and Nora. The whole Romeo v Juliet Dawn of Justness was a fun title on its own. The superhero connective universe Shakespeare was making sounded fun. The parties were classic legends laughter. And the bathroom but was great. The goodbyes were sad but well done. Nora has been great on the show and it’s sad to see her go but Ray has been in the Arrowverse since arrow so it really sad to see his leaving. Especially being one of the three remaining OG legends. Hopefully they’ll both be back. Maybe when the make Ryan the new atom (at least that were I think they are going. Why else would he be introduced in crisis and Ray to leave right after).

Overall great episodes this week.

2 Likes

TONIGHT!

Screenshot_2020-03-22 The CW Schedule CW TV Shows CW Broadcast Schedule

supergirl

Streaming tomorrow on the CW APP! (3/23.20)

3 Likes