Howard Porter 1996

25 years ago this week!

8 Likes

It’s been a while since I posted on here:

8 Likes

Howard Sherman 1946

Happy 75th Anniversary Tommy Tomorrow!

7 Likes

Every day I suggest a comic I think deserves a spot to be archived and added to DC Infinite. So late in the day-- I bet you all thought I forgot!

Today—as with my other social media accounts—is Wonder Woman Wednesday!

Not only was I a Bronze Baby, but an uncool one too! I liked WW right up there with my other faves. One of the first issues I bought. I didn’t know about the JSA at ten! My life-long love of all-things JSA would come in a few years. WW 231- 1977

Wonder_Woman_Vol_1_231

8 Likes

Wonder Woman is cool!

3 Likes

The return to the World War II to match the tv show was my favorite era of Wonder Woman. I had met the JSA already and was collecting All-Star Comics. The five in this comic were chosen as they weren’t being used very much in All-Star Comics.

4 Likes

Ramona Fradon 1976 (Ernie Chua has now left the building)

6 Likes

Every day I suggest a comic I think should be part of the Archives! Today’s pick is Captain Carrot and His Amazing Zoo Crew #2 (1982).

With Captain Carrot playing a larger role within the DC mythos—don’t you think it’s time to get the rest of his original series into the Archives? But, unfortunately, we’ve only the first issue available!

Zoo_Crew_Issue_2

7 Likes

Growing up—it did take a bit for ‘creators’ to register. Now, it’s one of the things I looked at first. I’ve grown a fondness for Robert Kanigher’s work because he seemed capable of writing anything & making it enjoyable.

Right now, DC only has 116 of the 200 issues available of The Brave and the Bold. Many of the key Silver Age issues need Archiving. Also, issues are missing towards the end of the run. So, today’s pick is B&B 196 (1983) because I’d like to see those 190s Archived.

Also, I’ve liked Ragman and felt the character had unrealized potential. However, at times, it seemed as if DC didn’t know what to do with him.

The_Brave_and_the_Bold_v.1_196

5 Likes

Robert Pope 2011

7 Likes

John Romita Sr. 1961

9 Likes

David Mazzucchelli 1986

7 Likes

Alex Toth 1951

Happy 70th Anniversary to Rex the Wonder Dog!

9 Likes

Patrick Gleason 2016

6 Likes

Dick Dillin 1966

I feel like writing an angry letter to DC even though this came out 55 years ago.

8 Likes

Oh, please… seriously! Could we get some vintage romance comics added to the archives !?! I can give anyone a ton of reasons why!

2 Likes

Thanks for the notice! I love Rex & will mention his B-Day on one of my social media accounts. And I’d give up my Scooby Snacks to see some Rex added to the archives!

2 Likes

Kudos to Captain Yesterday for some great posts while I spent a few days on sabbatical!

2 Likes

Happy 61st B-Day to Neil Gaiman—who needs zero introduction! Over the years, he’s written lots of comics over multiple genres.

One such was in the experimental weekly Wednesday Comics. WC #1 is today’s pick to be added to the Archives. It ran for 12 issues and featured Metamorpho, Kamandi, Deadman, and Hawkman—to name a few!

I was M.I.A. for a few days because I was putting together a podcast where I did a segment on Bill Mantlo, who turned 70 this week.

Wednesday_Comics_1

7 Likes

Darwyn Cooke 2006

7 Likes