A Beginner's Guide to the SHAZAM! TV Show

As we move ever closer to the release of director David F. Sandberg’s highly anticipated Shazam! movie, it’s the perfect time to get to know Billy Batson and his heroic alter ego! And there’s no more fun place to start than with the newly remastered live-action Shazam! TV series, which is available exclusively on DC Universe.

Read the full article in our News section, or by following the link below: A Beginner's Guide to the SHAZAM! TV Show

Are you already a SHAZAM! fan, or are you a new fan to this marvelous hero? :wink: Let us know in the comments below!

6 Likes

The Injustice games introduced me to him, and when I read the comics they go with it I fell for the character. I love how he went out into the real world as a child with his doubts and asked strangers the way Superman’s takeover was affecting them all. He knew deep down that what he was involved in was wrong, but it’s Superman. What child could lose faith in that? It broke my heart so badly reading those books and growing to love his character so much, knowing what was to happen to him in the game. Gah!

2 Likes

I had never seen the show before, it came out just a few years before I was born, I really enjoy watching it. I don’t think there was a educational super hero show before or since then. It’s been fun watching, wish they had made more then 28 episodes. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I watched it as a kid ( it was actually where I first learned the word “mentor” :), and then Isis when that started. I’m amazed and happy that you folks remastered the show! For those wanting to read more about The Original Captain Marvel, I’d recommend The Power of Shazam series by Jerry Ordway from the early 90’s. It was the first solo book he got after Crisis, and they did a great job of updating the characters. I don’t believe it’s on here, though, so you’ll have to go digging.

Also, I feel badly that circumstances have changed and they don’t feel comfortable using the “Isis” name on Legends of Tomorrow.

2 Likes

“Marvelous hero”…I see what you did there :wink:

I’m not new to Shazam. I’ve liked the character since I was a kid. As for his live action TV show, I saw pieces of it years ago but never anything substantial. I used to own the DVD set, but never got past the first few episodes.

DCU is the first time I’ve watched Shazam to a substantial degree. The show is a product of its time for sure but in the best way. It’s fun!

2 Likes

@markhb The majority of The Power of Shazam is available in the Comics section. The OGN that started the series isn’t here but all but the last twelve or thirteen issues of the series proper are.

2 Likes

Loved this show and all the other Filmation live action series as a kid. Shows like Ark II, Isis, Space Academy and Jason of Star Command were a Saturday morning staple for me.

2 Likes

I am really digging these shows, now that Shazam has been added, is ISIS along with Batman & Robin 70 series coming next? It will be great if that was added as well.

2 Likes

It was so much fun. When will we get ISIS?

1 Like