25th Anniversary of Kyle Rayner

He is not a fearless test pilot but he is the artist and the heart of the Green Lantern Corps. Kyle Rayner, a character who grew from an irresponsible manchild to a respected member of the Green Lantern Corps, Justice League, and Titans. A victim of bad circumstances but figured out his way in the world. This character represents keeping hope alive and not giving in to despair. Kyle is a legacy hero but he stands on his own two feet as his own man. I wish a happy 25th anniversary to this extraordinary hero on his 25th anniversary

6 Likes

Big fan of the character would love to hear everyone’s thoughts and takeaways of Kyle Rayner

1 Like

Do think Kyle Rayner doesn’t get the credit he deserves. Granted, unlike Wally West part of why he was the “main” Green Lantern so long is due to DC sticking to their guns (at least longer then usual) about that time a changing of the status quo would stay in place. But he was still a great character.

1 Like

I love Kyle, especially in his classic/current uniform. By the way, he has a new action figure that is schway in every way.

2 Likes

Well legacy heroes like a Kyle Rayner and Wally West took on the mantle they were given and had awesome runs and expanded the Flash and Green Lantern mythos. I dont feel like they aren’t credited I feel like they’ve been tossed to the side in favor of Hal Jordan and Barry Allen. They are heroes that will never be forgotten but their return derailed the growth of the DC universe. Barry had an amazing closing making the heroic sacrifice but Hal became a villain leaving fans hurt. So DC wanted to make up for that. But legacy characters and their mentors should coexist in titles

2 Likes

25th Anniversary of Kyle Rayner?

Egads, now I am really feeling old.

MACJR

1 Like

@JBA93 I get why DC made Jordan turn good, and brought Barry back. And can’t argue they haven’t proven successful choices.

I just thought that there was a time where even with heroes not always staying dead, that during the time Kyle and Barry were active as GL and Flash and that Barbara Gordon was oracle. The idea of “what we do has risks” rang true. Flash was dead… Green Lantern became corrupted… Barbara Gordon would “never walk agaian”. The danger felt real in a way it doesn’t now. They are practically obligated not to admit things like that are never permanent within the story. I don’t think DC heroes have ever truly had the illusion of being in true permanent danger the way they did back then.

1 Like

Very underrated hero! My favorite Green Lantern

1 Like