25 Tattooed DC Characters

Here is a list of 25 characters from DC that are Tattooed. There is maybe a handful or more not included for various reasons such as only having one obscure appearance.

1. Sun-Chained-In-Ink: After tattooing Maori markings onto himself Hemi Kiwara became Sun-Chained-In-Ink and was given the power of the sun.
  2. Tattooed Man (Richards): Mark Richards is the third Tattooed Man. He can control the tattoos on his body which he says are the sins of the people he’s killed.
  3. Tattooed Man (Tarrant): The original Tattooed Man. Abel Tarrant also has control over the tattoos on his body.
  4. Mr. Zsasz: Zsasz marks his body every time he kills someone.
  5. Shado: Shado has a dragon tattoo wrapping around her arm and shoulder.
    3039839-ga_cv23
  6. Roulette: Roulette has a snake tattoo that wraps around her body from the shoulders onto the leg. She also has a tattoo under her right eye.
  7. Spider Jerusalem: Spider Jerusalem has multiple tattoos covering his body including a signature spider on top of his head.
  8. Dr. Manhattan: Dr. Manhattan marked himself with the symbol of the hydrogen atom.
  9. Rose Tattoo: Rose has tattoos covering almost her entire body.
  10. Grunge: Grunge has a skull with wings on his chest.
  11. El Diablo (Santana): The third El Diablo has tribal tattooes covering his back and arms.
  12. Pix: Pix has tattooes covering most of her body using “nanite ink” which allows her to create and bring to life tattoos.
  13. Constantine Drakon: Drakon has a large tribal dragon covering his back.
  14. Jack Knight: Knight has a tattoo of a winged lion partially covered by a kanji symbol on his upper left arm and a tattoo on his chest.
    1911216-starman__5_
  15. John Constantine: John has tattoos related to magic covering his torso and arms.
  16. Starling: The Birds of Prey member has a full sleeve tattoo on her left arm that extends onto the shoulder and neck.
  17. Grace Choi: Choi has tattoos on her arms and stomach.
  18. Encantadora: Encantadora has a tattoo over her left eye and on each of her forearms.
  19. Simon Baz: The Green Lantern has “Courage” in Arabic tattooed on his right forearm.
  20. Weather Witch: The daughter of the Weather Wizard has tattoo sleeves on both arms and a yin/yang symbol on her head.
  21. Calender Man: Julian Day has abbreviations of each month tattooed around his head.
    1268927-julianday
  22. Batwoman: Kate Kane has a star on her back and an arrowhead on her right arm.
  23. Scandal Savage: Scandal has a tattoo on her right arm.
  24. Doctor Mist: Dr. Mist has tattoos of magic symbols covering most of his body.
  25. King Snake: Bane’s father has a snake tattoo on his front torso.
5 Likes

@TheKateKane Thought you might be interested.

1 Like

Superboy got a barcode Superman symbol tattoo in the New 52 TEEN TITANS series:

He can be seen rocking the same tat in Titans:

3 Likes

Really cool topic idea and such a thorough list! Thank you for sharing @IrishX!

2 Likes

In Geoff Johns’ TEEN TITANS #13, Raven gets a tattoo on her lower back of, well… a raven:

2 Likes

Does he still have it after N52? Like I said I left off certain ones for various reasons. I didn’t include Supergirl’s tattoo either because I feel like it’s not necessarily in canon.

1 Like

That version of Superboy was a clone of an alternate future Jon Kent, so it’s technically a different Superboy than the modern one.

Prior to The New 52, Roy Harper had a Navajo tattoo around his left bicep. From The New 52 on, Roy had a scorpion with the word “Poison” written over it, a skull over a set of bow and arrows and a deer, and a snakelike creature with the word “Pesadilla” on it. See: RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS.

1 Like

In Scott Snyder’s JUSTICE LEAGUE #14, John Stewart reveals he has a Green Lantern ring tattooed onto his finger.

2 Likes

Of course, Oliver Queen had a number of mysterious scars and tattoos on TV’s Arrow, each of which were explored throughout the series.

2 Likes

There are other characters. Batus, Thrice, Takeo Yamashiro, Desolation Jones, but I didn’t feel the need to include everyone. I didn’t want to make a list of 27 or 32 characters for example. In certain cases consistancy matters and I don’t feel showing a tattoo one time truly counts.

2 Likes

Sure, no disrespect meant to your initial list. It’s an impressive feat! I just thought we could all contribute by adding more ourselves.

2 Likes

oo, cool! :star_struck: thank you!

1 Like