Obscurity of DC Presents: Ultra-bscure Book Club, Week 69 (April 21-April 27) --- COFFIN HILL!

Welcome, @ObscurityofDCClub and other members of the DC Community! Welcome to Week 69 of Obscurity of DC’s Ultr-Obscure Book Club! This week will be the start of a three-week focus on…

COFFIN HILL!!!
AGE SUGGESTION: 17+

Number of Books: 1

Synopsis from dcuniverseinfinite.com: Following a night of sex, drugs and witchcraft in the woods, Eve Coffin wakes up naked, covered in blood and unable to remember how she got there. One friend is missing, one is in a mental ward–and one knows that Eve is responsible. Years later, Eve returns to Coffin Hill, only to discover the darkness that she unleashed ten years ago in the woods was never contained. It continues to seep through the town, cursing the soul of this sleepy Massachusetts hollow, spilling secrets and enacting its revenge. Set against the haunted backdrop of New England, COFFIN HILL explores what people will do for power and retribution.

Now that that’s over with, here are some discussion questions:

1. What is the meaning behind Eve’s odd last name of Coffin? Does it have any significance in the story?
  2. Given it’s a horror series, in what way does the supernatural setting of Coffin Hill invoke horror? Give a example.
  3. How do Eve’s witch powers work? How are they different from other portrayals of witches?
  4. Coffin Hill makes a literary reference to Hansel and Gretel from Mel’s fear of witchcraft. What do you think might be the parallels of Hansel and Gretel to the mystery in Coffin Hill?
  5. What is your opinion on Eve Coffin? What makes her unique as a protagonist, and would you call her heroic or not? Explain.

Do you have an interest in exploring the unknown? Do you like discussing comics? Do you like pineapple on pizza? If so, The Obscurity of DC Club is the club for you! Join HERE if you’re interested!

4 Likes

faf7e58a-4d94-49a5-99c9-22278a898326_text

I’m so excited for this one. I haven’t read it since it was first released, so looking forward to the binge.

3 Likes

:rofl:

Awesome! I hope you enjoy!

3 Likes