Zatanna

I feel like we need more Zatanna in the DC Universe. So many storylines include her, why not give her a show/movie/comic of her own? Ideas for who would play her?

12 Likes

Supposedly she is getting a movie. I’m all things Zatanna. A die hard since the 80’s fan & I’m hoping the rumors are valid. Also rumors of a JLD which would be just as awesome.

4 Likes

Yeah, she’s badass. She was hot on Smallville. Serinda Swan. Now though… Not sure who could do her justice.? Lots of pretty and talented brunettes out there.

3 Likes

Zooey Deschannel was born to play Zee. I mean, her name starts with the letter Z! It is her destiny.

4 Likes

Zooey Deschannel hides it well, but she has the body to play Zatanna no problem. She’s not a flaunt it type girl at all, but she’s got a body that would make a centerfold blush. Her sister, Emily Deschannel, Star of bones’ body is even more ridiculous & she hides it even better then Zooey. You’re right the @Vroom. Zooey, black hair, blue eyes, & the body types already covered. She could absolutely nail that role & I take Z’s casting very seriously. They did a great job in Smallville for her only live action to date, Serinda Swan, as mentioned below. She did her justice for sure.

4 Likes

I will never say no to more Zatanna. Movies, comics, TV shows, bring it all on!!

3 Likes

I really wish the JLD movie would get some traction. It would be a fantastic way to introduce/promote Zatanna and Constantine to the audience at large.

1 Like

I am forever waiting for a Zatanna film. I’d love a series as well, but a film is what I really want!

4 Likes

I’m waiting for a Zatanna film too. And I want a Constantine cameo in it.

3 Likes

Yes! The Zatanna film would have a lot to do with their interest in one another and then they’d fight monsters and demons together.
They’d learn a lot from each other.

Argue a little bit. Zatanna would get kinda annoyed with John, but then John would melt her heart again with his offbeat charm.

Like… It’s gonna be pretty awesome.
:joy:

5 Likes

@LadyWonder
Hahahah Yesss!
So much yes.

4 Likes

I’ve done a lot of research on Zatanna’s character, and have yet to find enough material to justify basing a film or television series around her and her ALONE, so all this clamoring for her to get either (a film or TV series) honestly baffles me.

Paul Dini wrote a great solo series for Zee a few years back, so I say base the movie from the material of her solo book that would translate best to the screen.

SN: Dini’s wife is a magician and I believe she served as the basis for the character design of the titular character of the Madame Mirage comic book.

8 Likes

I’m curious as to why DigificWriter is doing lots of research on Zatanna? Maybe that’s a weird question. Anyway, if Ladywonder, KittyCrawler, and Vroom made a list of their 5 favorite things about Zatanna, and their 5 favorite Zatanna stories, I could write an outline/screen story that someone like Paul Dini could make into a useable screenplay for live action or animation. Comic books characters of good standing are just, err, magical that way.

There ain’t no such thing as superhero fatigue.

3 Likes

Sure, we could do that for you. Please remember to credit us too =)

2 Likes

Sorta not related, but if Zatanna were real, I’d ask her to marry me

4 Likes

Vroom, get me a commission-- I’ll write dedications.

BatmmmMango - You need a cosmic treadmill with leftover speed force energy.

Or dimension-hopping backwards magic.

1 Like

I hope Zee says “!seY” to you :slight_smile:

1 Like

@MisfitHighlander, I’ll get you one if you get me one. Deal ? :slight_smile:

@MisfitHighlander, I’m an amateur writer who likes to spend a lot of my free time brainstorming ideas for DC-related television series, and once thought about a Zatanna series until I saw just how little material there was that was just about her.

@Vroom: I looked at info about that series, but didn’t think there was enough there that would work as the foundation for an ongoing TV series based on my own understanding of how television is paced and developed, which is based in part on the experiences and expertise of someone who actually wrote for the television series ER and with whom I collaborated on a script-based fanfiction project several years back.

1 Like