Zatanna Appreciation Thread

This is a thread for people to share their love for DC’s Mistress of Magic! Come one, come all, and let’s celebrate this character in any way you want!

14 Likes

Zatanna is one of my favorite characters! Glad to see her getting some appreciation! :magic_wand: :rabbit2: :tophat:

12 Likes

Love Zatanna. Wish she had an ongoing again.

13 Likes

Calling @capo-mage!!!

10 Likes

Just recently got my hands on a tpb edition of Justice League of America: Zatanna’s Search! These stories first introduced her to the DCU, and brought Zatara back into then present day continuity. It also included her origin story from DC Blue Ribbon Diget #5. I’d been after this for years! I finally found a great copy, at a good price! Long live the Mistress of Magic!

10 Likes

-cheers-

9 Likes

I just love the relationship she has with Bruce. Rarely does Batman have a relationship that isn’t a little dysfunctional like Catwoman and Talia, but I love that these two have this great intimate friendship that isn’t romantic. If they were a couple, it would probably be my favorite in comics.

11 Likes

I kinda wanna see this OG brought back, even if its for a short while

8 Likes

Are these pics from the Urbans Batman title?

8 Likes

ev’I neeb a naf fo annataZ ecnis I tsrif was reh no namtaB eht detamina seires. tA tsrif, I tn’did wonk ehs saw a oreh. :grinning:

:tophat:

10 Likes

I actually love her relationship with Constantine like they are perfect together.

12 Likes

I get the appeal, both of them are 2 of my favorite heroes ever (even if it applies loosely to John). But they clearly have issues to work through

8 Likes

Nice, very nice. May be the first time I’ve seen this done on any thread. Good for you!

7 Likes

Couple of years ago I actually did made a thread called, “Talk Like Zatanna” where you can have fun and write backwards, just like I did. :grinning: And thankyou.

7 Likes

I imagine that “Z” does something magically to remove the disgusting smell and taste of cigarettes from Constantine whenever they’re together. Can anybody confirm that?

10 Likes

Haven’t seen enough of her in comics, but love her in DC Superhero Girls.

What are your favorite Zatanna comics? I am sure I have been missing out on some great stuff out there!

9 Likes

You should really check out her self-titled series written by Paul Dini

8 Likes

Thanks. Just added it to my list.

6 Likes

Also the graphic novel:

12 Likes

Dini’s Zatanna ongoing and Black Canary/Zatanna: Bloodspell are fantastic! I wish he’d do another OGN featuring his favorite character!

8 Likes