Your top pick new release comics for 1/9/19

This week’s New Comic Day is fast approaching (Yay :slight_smile: ), so what are your top new release picks for the week? They can be new single issues, trades, omnibuses, etc (non-DC titles can obviously be mentioned too). What’s the comic book dip you’re looking to put on your chip?

For me, I’m most psyched for:

-Young Justice #1 (I’m excited for the Wonder Comics imprint as a whole, but this book is my most anticipated of the line)
-Adventures of the Super Sons #6
-The Green Lantern #3
-Martian Manhunter #2
-Justice League #15

What new hotness are you looking forward to this week?

2 Likes

Excited about that new Young Justice. They got at Jenny Hex…

1 Like

@abfgmsw, that’s cool. It sounds like you’ve got a decent sized collection of omnibuses.

1 Like

@OldManJonah, I’m curious to see more of Jinny Hex too. Did you read her first appearance in Batman Giant #4?

I’m hoping Young Justice becomes an an “it book” that people eagerly anticipate. Feels like it has that potential to be a big fan favorite. I’m very curious as to what the story behind its Superboy is.

@Vroom I wasn’t aware of that. Thanks for the heads up. I need to hunt that down now.

You’re welcome. Good luck in your quest =)

Any day JL comes out is a great week.

Definitely Young Justice. Waiting on trades for The Green Lantern and Martian Manhunter.

Got Justice League and Batman on my pull already and hopefully with Mitch Gerads on #62 of Bats the issue delivers. Been a lil disappointed in the book since the excellent Cold Days arc(51-53).

Snyder and Tynion are killing it with Justice League and I expect no less this week.

Bendis’ writing has been a mixed bag for me but he has a way of getting young characters right so here’s hoping YJ is IT. At least we know the Pat Gleason art will be stellar!

Batman kings of fear #6
Deathstroke #39
Justice league #15
Curse of brimstone #10
The unexpected #8
Green lantern #3
Return of wolverine #4

@abfgmsw, no apologies are necessary. You’re fine :slight_smile:

Do you have omnibuses of more modern (ten to fifteen years from my POV) material or are you more focused on older titles?

1 Like

@Nickweiser, I love Patrick Gleason too! I read GLC when he was on it along with other books he did, but it was the New 52 Batman and Robin series that made me a fan of his. I loved his work on Robin: Son of Batman and especially the Rebirth Superman series too.

1 Like

I’ll be getting Curse of Brimstone and Suicide Squad: Black Files at the store and Green Arrow will come in the mail in a week or two because it’s a subscription

Stayed up late to get Young Justice #1 and it was absolutely worth it. Very fun issue. The six variant covers are crash too.

1 Like

Tiny Titans was a cute series from what I read. I’m surprised it doesn’t have an omnibus yet.

I picked up Young Justice #1, Adventure of the Super Sons #6, and Green Lantern #3.
Green Lantern under Morrison is going to be one of those book people either you get it and like it or you don’t. It almost feels like an indie/sci-fi book. But there are tons of little touch for look time DC fans. All the cosmic villains at the planet auction lonely is worth it, just to try and figure out who everyone is.
Adventures of Super Son, has just been DCs most fun book. Crazy ideas and great cliffhangers. And because Daimon and Jon are so young they just roll with it in a believable way. The books tone is so similar to the original Young Justice comic from the 90s. Plus,the book is full of little touches, that are fun for DC history fans.
Young Justice #1 was the good. I have been underwhelmed by Bendis run at DC so far, but Gleason’s art help bring me back to DC during his Superman Rebirth run. I was a fan of the original YJ run under PeterDavis and Todd Nauck back in the day, so I definitely wanted to check this out. Over all I like YJ#1 and look forward to more, but I am confused about one thing. Is the Wonder Comics Line a separate continuity from the rest of DC comics line? I am okay with it if it is, probably prefer it if it is. Just want to know so I don’t have to keep think about it.

I don’t think Wonder Comics is a seperate continuity. Superman appeared to be in his current suit in the Naomi preview. Wonder Girl has a…moment (don’t want to spoil it) that makes me think this series is in the current continuity as well.

I just wonder about continuity, because a lot of the member of team have had weird histories in the new 52/rebirth era and its hard to tell were this story takes place.
Take Superboy for example, since Flashpoint there has not been a Kon-El/Conner Kent aka Superboy. At least not one comparably to the Young Justice/Teen Titans version of the 90s/2000s.

Batman continues to rock.

Criminal baby! Brubaker Phillips Crime tales are second to non. Plus they always add extra content to the floppies that don’t make it into the trades or digital versions.

I also grabbed Infidel TPB and man I have heard such powerful things about the book I can’t wait to read it.

DC I am a trade waiter but I’m really excited to see BMB wonder line. I feel like Bendis has a second wave of creativity and is really defying expectations at DC.