Your Thoughts on the New Batman Game (Spoilers)

if you went or just watched dc fan dome live-stream you see we get the batman game we have waited for, so your thoughts on the gameplay if you have seen, or if you get the game who will u main

I never waited for a game like this but I had no idea I wanted it so bad.

1 Like

My main may be Robin. I was beast at him in City and Knight so probably will be in this game as well.

Then maybe Batgirl. She was similar to Batman and Azrael in Knight and neither of those two are confirmed playable so I think she might still have many of the same fighting moves.

1 Like

I’m very excited for this – I was expecting something closer to Arkham Origins with the Arkham Knight advantages, but this looks way more new and exciting!

As for who I’ll play – I’m waffling between Nightwing and Batgirl, but I’m sure I’ll also do Red Hood and I’ll play Tim eventually. :laughing:

Also, with this I realized, why haven’t we seen Barbara use a police baton for her weapon of choice in the past? It’s so obvious.

2 Likes

Not really feeling the Gotham Knights game that much. Has a Marvel Ultimate Alliance vibe with a little bit of RPG elements thrown in there. I wasn’t a fan of the voice actress for Batgirl either.

1 Like

There’s a part of me that hopes they force you to play certain characters. I know if give the option I’ll play the entire game as red hood and wont take the time to experience the other characters.

1 Like

I LOVED the Ultimate Alliance games as a kid, so I guess I’m in the market for this. :sweat_smile:

I will agree that Batgirl’s acting in the gameplay (as well as Robin’s, he just had less lines) wasn’t great. But since they said it was pre-alpha, I’m hoping they’ll have time to go back and polish that up. It’s happened before – look at the first footage ever released of Mass Effect if you want a good laugh.

2 Likes

I love the way the game looks, It reminds me of B:TAS with bits of Rebirth in it. Character designs I’m down with except for Robin, but I can change that right away. And the Court of Owls as the main villain. Time for the hype train!

2 Likes

I will likely main Babs. She looks the most similar the Arkham games and I’ve really grown to like her character as I read more of her comics. Nightwing will also come close since I like Dick and I’ve always wanted to free roam as him. I’m not a huge fan of Jason, to me he works better as a villain or anti-hero, but it’s nice to have him since I know a lot of people like him. Tim looks cool, but the first thing I need to do is change the chest piece. Other then that, I think he looks good.

1 Like

I liked Ultimate Alliance when I was a kid too but even then I felt it was very repetitive and the characters played so similarly. I guess that’s the downfall of such a big roster. I’m not sure how I feel about the RPG elements just yet or how in depth it really is. I might wait for a sale on this one and talk with my friends to see if they are interested in it for COOP play.

1 Like

Arkham combat with new specials and edm special effects, count me in

1 Like

It’s the game I wanted since Arkham City