Your Shameful To-Read List

I think we all have them: books that are universally considered must-reads, but ones we’ve never really got around to. Unburden yourself here: what comics have you always meant to get around to, but haven’t?

I’ll start:

Most of Alan Moore’s Swamp Thing

The Question Quarterly (only skimmed it)

Most of Gray & Palmiotti’s Jonah Hex

All of Legion of Super-Heroes

Most of Mark Waid’s Flash

Most of Justice League International

Geoff Johns’ JSA

Geoff Johns’ Hawkman

I think I’ve read everything on your list except the Question Quarterly. My list:

Checkmate
Suicide Squad
Most of Batman (never really been interested)
80-90’s Wonder Woman

1 Like

I’ve read everything on your list.

Let’s not read-shame each other. This is a time to talk about what we haven’t read.

2 Likes

Morrison’s JLA
All the Wild Storm stuff
Most of Hellblazer (I’ve read individual volumes here and there)
V for Vendetta

1 Like

Also Morrison’s Doom Patrol.

Didn’t mean it that way.

Too many to name. The more I read, the more I feel like I haven’t read. Aristotle had it right, “The more you know, the more you know you don’t know.”

2 Likes

Watchmen and Crisis on Infinite Earths were titles of this type for me. I bought the trades in 2003 and didn’t read either of them in full until 2016.

1 Like

Complete series or runs I really want to find the time to read…

Y the Last Man, Sandman, the original Hellblazer series, Waid’s Flash, and Perez’s Wonder Woman.

Identity Crisis. I have seen the Wonder Woman panels (we all know what I am talking about) but I haven’t read the entire event.

The new 52 Legion of Super-Heroes

I want to read Geoff John’s Teen Titans run but I’m trying to get through YJ (1998) first and then maybe YJ/TT Graduation Day. I have not read all of 52 as I found it time consuming.

Wolfman/Perez New Teen Titans past like issue 18 or something
Most of 1998 Titans
Most of Waid’s Flash (Seems to be coming up a lot in here)
Gail Simone’s Birds of Prey run (also, haven’t gotten around to the last few issues of Dixon’s)
Jaime Reyes’ first series as Blue Beetle
Crisis on Infinite Earths
Grayson
Batman: The Long Halloween
Blackest Night (I’ve read all the lead-up and tie-ins in Green Lantern and Green Lantern Corps, but not the actual series)
And probably most embarrassingly: Watchmen

A lot of those are even on the app, I just haven’t had time or motivation.

@jayco86: 52 is VERY time-consuming. I read the whole thing recently, but it kind of ate one of my weekends. Once you get into it, it’s hard to stop.

I guess I could add The New Teen Titans. I’ve read alot of it, but never the whole thing. What I have read is very entertaining, but right now I’m not too interested in reading the whole run.

Hellblazer