Your Favorite Era? Pre-Crisis? Post-Crisis? Post-Zero Hour? New 52? Rebirth?

Probably late Post-Crisis and Post-Zero Hour. Tim Drake and the Young Justice team were in their prime!

1 Like

Post crisis, then pre crisis, then post zero hour. The rest not so good, rebirth is alright.

Without question Rebirth.

3 Likes

Pre-Crisis, Post-Crisis is a close second. Everything else, IMHO, is not worth reading. New 52 was utter rubbish. Although Rebirth is growing on me.

1 Like

New 52

1 Like

Since Post Crisis and Zero Hour are essentially the same continuity I have to lump them together and that is my favorite time period.

The New 52 just tried too hard, however to this day I love the fact that Barry Allen caused The New 52.

Rebirth has corrected the mistakes from The New 52 and hopefully DC has learned their lessons and we wonā€™t have anymore reboots.

1 Like

Maybe because of my age (51),but itā€™s definitely Pre-Crisis. I grew up on the original JLA, which led to Superman, Batman, and my biggest favorite, LSH. I bought the Crisis on Infinite Earths on the newsstand as it was coming out, (Cumberland Farms in Atlantic Highlands NJ), canā€™t thank that owner enough. He kept issues aside for me while I was away at college and have them for me when I came home once a month. I enjoyed the Post-Crisis for awhile but once I got married and had kids, it was hard to justify spending $50-75 a month.
Now my kids are adults and Iā€™m happily diving back in. I really enjoyed Flashpoint and Identity Crisis. Looking forward to the later books. I hope we can get more books, I would support something similar to Marvel Unlimited.

5 Likes

Definitely Pre-Crisis/Bronze Age. Those are the ā€œrealā€ versions of all the characters for me.

2 Likes

Post Crisis is what I grew up with but honestly I love anything prior to the New 52. Rebirth has had some great stuff but at the end of the day itā€™s still not what we had.

2 Likes

Post-Zero-Hour. Best version of Poison Ivy, introduction of Harley Quinn, No Manā€™s Land, Gotham City Sirens, reformed Riddler.

@dartnj that is so cool that you are getting back into it now, especially growing up with the pre crisis comics, you must have a really interesting view on the current DC Universe!

For me post crisis, specifically post zero hour, is my favorite DC era. But I like to pick and choose from different eras in my head canon sometimes

2 Likes

@DickBats Yeah, same here. Post-Zero-Hour, but I like to think of Rebirth as part of it, so Harley amd Ivy can be closer.

1 Like

Post crisis

2 Likes

I consider Zero Hour part of the Post-Crisis era. So Post-Crisis 1986-2011

2 Likes

Rebirth, because everyone feels so developed.

Would be post-crisis, but to be fair I havenā€™t read much from the New-52 period on, so am probably partially biased as that was the era when I was in high school and got into comics.

Everything Post Crisis
and man I really loved alot of the New 52, especially Batman and Justice League.

Hey @DanTheManOne1. I was also in high school during prost-crisis. And Iā€™ve read most of New-52 (I was pretty excited when it started coming out). But I have to say, most of what I read simply wasnā€™t that good.

Maybe thatā€™s harsh. The stories were good, but the universe was not. There really wasnā€™t much cohesion between books. And that was one of the major selling points for me as a kid. I still love going to the back issues and reading a story that winds its way through multiple books.

But that overall editorial direction simply isnā€™t there in the New-52.

I think the best way is to know as much as u can about all. I read what predated me as much as possible thru what DC has now. This site was the 1st X I could actually afford & have a lot of each era at my disposal. So Iā€™ve been absorbing all I can from each era. Seeing the development & changes in characters is almost like following a movie franchise if not exactly. Itā€™s fun to pick a character/ team & follow them as far as u can. Itā€™s like multiple movies all under one giant flag.

Rebirth