Your Favorite Era? Pre-Crisis? Post-Crisis? Post-Zero Hour? New 52? Rebirth?

Silver Age and post crisis are the best to me.

1 Like

New 52

Post-Crisis before Zero Hour.

Rebirth! Best of new and old concepts.

1 Like

For meā€¦it is ā€œPost-Crisis (1986 to 1994 or so) and Post-Zero Hour (1994-2011)ā€ - Love a lot of Pre-Crisis too. New 52 was responsible for taking me away from comics. So far Rebirth is ok.

Itā€™s not the popular opinion but I dig in New 52

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been collecting regularly since the start of new 52 but, Iā€™m so happy with how Rebirth has been.

Post crisis for me. Man of Steel, Batman Returns, Batman Year One, Wally West as a new Flash. Some really great, iconic stuff during that time.

2 Likes

Iā€™m old, so pre-COIE. But thereā€™s good stuff to be found in every era, possibly even the New 52, although that has yet to be determined

1 Like

Post Zero Hour. It starts out rough but saves all the characters that were badly beaten by the end of the previous era. Itā€™s the era of strong writers. Everything felt cohesive and strong and new by the end of it. Few things beat the time. From identity crisis to blackest night that is DCs high point.

2 Likes

Post-Crisis for me, consequences are important in storytelling. Also, they werenā€™t afraid to kill a character off and leave him dead. Jason Todd should have never been resurrected, imo. They killed a great piece character with that move.

1 Like

Admittedly Iā€™ve always been more of a fan ofā€¦ that other company, my childhood only involving a few DC titles.

My, how time changes things. Most M-word books feel sloppy or tired to me now, while DC has made me fall head over heels with Rebirth. Not only my favorite DC era, but frankly the best time in decades to be a comic fan.

2 Likes

Most of my past DC experience came through Batman The Animated Series. Though I would buy a random issue of something here and there, it wasnā€™t until Rebirth that I found myself going DC heavy at the comic book store. Side Note: Brian Micheal Bendis one of my favorite Writers and I eagerly await each new installment of his Superman books. So my favorite era seems to be the one we are experiencing now.

1 Like

New 52 and rebirth of course!!! But with some post crisis thrown into the mix lol.

2 Likes

Didnā€™t get into DC till rebirth so I have to go with rebirth

1 Like

I got into DC comics during The New 52, so I definitely have nostalgia for that era. Particularly the Green Lantern comics and Zero Year.

Iā€™m a post-Crisis kid, but I also like the post-zero hour era for James Robinsonā€™s Starman.

1 Like

New 52 because of new lioks

Post-Crisis for sure! I love everyone being on the same planet. Seeing Infinity, Inc right alongside the Justice League and JSA was :fire::fire::fire:.

1 Like

Iā€™d go for the Rebirth Era.

1 Like