Your Favorite Adam Strange Stories

Aside from his random guest appearances, I’ve only read Adam Strange’s 2004 miniseries (“Planet Heist”), which I thought was fantastic at the time. I loved Adam’s updated spacesuit, and wish DC would have allowed him to keep it in his subsequent appearances. Despite my limited exposure to him, I’ve always thought Adam seemed like a fun, yet underused, character (he is, after all, DC’s Flash Gordon or Buck Rogers, if you will). I guess I’ll now have to search DCU’s library for some Adam stories. Recommendations, anyone?

I would also love to see another relaunch of the Omega Men… something more in line with the team’s original designs.

51QA3XPGSPL.SX323_BO1,204,203,200.jpg

1 Like

@Outside2Infinity Another Planet Heist fan! Welcome aboard!

Mystery in Space #75, “The Planet That Came to a Standstill” By Gardner Fox, Carmine Infantino, and Murphy Anderson. Pure Silver Age gold.

1 Like

Any thoughts on Space Ranger, who debuted (Showcase #15) just a couple of months before Adam Strange (Showcase #17)? The character seems to be long forgotten, and almost like a beta-version of Adam. I’ve never read any stories featuring Space Ranger, but I do look his “look.”

Spacerangerdcu0.jpg

4 Likes

For some reason I’m thinking he was used fairly recently in some kind of reissue of mystery space or some such I’ll have to investigate

Silly me for some reason I can confused Space Ranger with Captain Comet!!

Many Space Ranger stories were penciled by the talented Bob Brown and Captain comet was rendered by the masterful Murphy Anderson. Let’s hope DC will be adding these fantastic series.

2 Likes

Has anyone read the three issue 90s series drawn by the Kubert brothers?

1 Like

I read the trade of it a few years back. Nice art but kind of meh on the story.

1 Like

That one where he go hit with a Zeta beam!

2 Likes