Your DCEU

If the DCEU was definitely doing a complete reboot that’s completely disconnected from all previous movies, and you yourself got to plan it, what would your plan be?

To take it slow. Give each of the Justice League members (or all but one or 2) their own solo films first THEN do a Justice League movie. I think if they had done that even with Snyder it would have continued to work.

With the exception of MoS, WW, and AM, I would finish solo stories for each member of the League. Then I would postpone BvS in favor of a Justice League reboot with Darkseid for the villain. After the reboot I would introduce solo stories for Deathstroke, Darkseid vs New Genesis. Then a Flashpoint story that would lead into JL 2.

Wipe MoS, BvS, & JL off the map. Keep WW, Aqua & Shazam. Bring a JL together with the same original 7 giving each their own film first. DONT bring Darkseid in until you know you have a strong DCEU, even do the first new JL movie without Darkseid. Do a New Gods film to establish the 4th world, only after the 4th world is established, then start doing a few team up movies where Darkseid is pulling strings to eventually get to a new JL 2 movie and use Darkseid then.

I agree with both of you, solo stories seem like the way to go. But I think introducing Flashpoint too early would be bad. You don’t want to change up the established continuity of the series so early on.

Here’s my plan that I put way too much thought into over the past hour

Rise of the Heroes

• Superman
  • Batman
  • Team 7
  • The Flash
  • Green Lantern Corps.
  • The Justice League

World of Heroes

• Batman & Robin
  • Wonder Woman
  • Doom Patrol
  • Green Lantern Corps. 2
  • Aquaman
  • The JL: The Death of Superman

Reign of Darkseid

• Suicide Squad
  • Batman: The Dark Knight
  • The JL: Reign of the Supermen
  • Teen Titans
  • The New Gods
  • The JL: Darkseid War

I can give a rough pitch for each movie and how they connect if anybody’s actually interested, but it would just flood this thread with a lot of words.

WE WANT DARKSEID AND EVIL KARA!!!

1 Like

I want to do an Elseworlds movie Liberty Files
In the DCEU you figure out the order just let me do:
Carter Hall: The Hawkman
Followed by DCU shows Lives of the Hawks

@Gibbyhertz
Frankly I think it’s not a bad idea to take many of the iconic storylines that DCAU (I suppose depending on what one defines as DCAU) but the animated movies and flesh them out a bit kore and live action versions of them.

I think they would be well served to save Darkseid and give the first major crossover storyline to Vandel Savage.

I know I said I wouldn’t, but here it is anyways. I’ll give the rest later. Tell me what you think! Just keep in mind that a lot of stuff mentioned here ties into later “movies”.

Superman: An origin story based on Superman: Secret Origins with some elements from Superman: Birthright, mostly the stuff about Clark Kent traveling across the world.

Batman: Not an origin story, but would take place towards the beginning of Batman’s career when he’s still not the most confident about his methods. Towards the end he becomes a more confident Batman and is confident that he knows his city. An end credit scene would tease the Joker.

Team 7: Loosely based on the New 52 series. It would include the origins of Deathstroke and Amanda Waller. During the movie, a seemingly normal general who will be important later appears. An end credits scene would show Amanda Waller contacting Batman with a file showing footage of the Flash and saying that with all the weirdness in the world in they need to assemble a team to defend the Earth.

The Flash: A brief introduction showing the night the Flash became the Flash is shown, but the movie jumps forward in time after that. The Flash fights the Rogues, who are his first formidable foes. Victor and Silas Stone appear as characters in the movie. No Cyborg yet. An end credits scene shows Batman appearing behind the Flash and saying that they need to talk.

Green Lantern Corps.: Basically just a live action Green Lantern: First Flight

The Justice League: Batman uncovers a plot by White Martians to take over Earth (and that general from Team 7 is one of them), so the Justice League forms to defeat them. Wonder Woman and Martian Manhunter are introduced in this movie and they join the League. The Justice League discovers that the White Martians are digging for something, so they infiltrate the place and take the thing the White Martians were looking for and send it to S.T.A.R. Labs to discover what it is. The lab is attacked by the White Martians and Victor is mortally wounded, so Silas uses the mysterious piece of tech to turn his son into Cyborg, who eventually uses his newfound power to save the JL and defeat the White Martians alongside them. Superman goes to space and finishes off the White Martian ships. In an end credits scene, a mysterious ship is shown in space, and a mysterious figure (Steppenwolf) is pretty angry that the White Martians failed into obtain the Motherbox. He blames Superman.

Continued…

Batman & Robin: Sorry for the folks who wanted a Joker movie, they’ll have to wait. But this movie opens with Batman taking the Joker to Arkham Asylum. A guard remarks to Batman how crazy the world is getting, which visibly shakes Batman. Last movie proved that the world is so much bigger than he thought and he doesn’t know nearly as much as he thought he did, so Batman’s pushing himself way more than usual. To calm him down, Alfred makes Bruce go to Haley’s Circus, where Dick Grayson’s parents die and Brice ends up adopting him. Dick Grayson becomes Robin, but is increasingly upset that they can’t find his parents’ killer. He meets Talon, who sows seeds of doubt about Batman and offers to train Robin. Eventually he even presents the man who murdered Robin’s parents to Robin to convince Robin to join the Court of Owls by killing the man. It turns out that Batman doesn’t even know his own city well. The Court of Owls is real, and they arranged to have Robin’s parents murdered so they could free him up to be the next Talon. Batman and Robin make up and defeat the Court, and Robin helps Batman learn that it’s okay to not know everything. Post credits scene shows Joker escaping with the help of Harleen Quinzel.

Wonder Woman: Wonder Woman is banned from her home, but this changes when Ares escapes his prison there. Wonder Woman teams up with Steve to stop Ares from igniting a new world war. She defeats him, but he mysteriously remarks that soon he’ll be stronger than ever.

Doom Patrol: A team of misfits, the Doon Patrol are forced to get over their fears to fight the Brotherhood of Dada. The Dokn Patrol eventually wins, but the Brotherhood of Dada reveal that they’re waging war against the Chief because he made them that way, so the Doom Patrol have to fight the Chief before he enacts his plan to forcefully evolve mankind. In the end, Changeling decides to leave the team and go on his own adventures.

Green Lantern Corps. 2: Hal Jordan and company go to the Frontier to fight the Red Lanterns. There are multiple references and hints to Darkseid’s galactic conquest and how he’s going to planets digging for something (Motherboxes).

Aquaman: Arthur Curry must embrace his destiny and fight Ocean Master. An end credits scene shows some Atlantan soldier coming across a weird pod underwater.

The JL: The Death of Superman: The weird pod is Doomsday. Aquaman joins the JL. The whole movie is based mainly on the Death of Superman animated movie. In the end, Superman dies, which affects Batman most of all. In the end credits scenes there are teases of the four Supermen. The final post credits scene reveals that Steppenwolf sent Doomsday to earth in order to kill Superman so he and his army of Parademons can easily invade it. He appears before the army and declares that the hour is coming when they will “Die for Darkseid!”

Suicide Squad: After The death of Superman, Amanda Waller decides that the JL is inadequate, so she assembled the Suicide Squad, which includes some of the Rogues form the Flash, Harley Quinn (who’s transition to Harley Quinn and separation from the Joker is revealed throughout the movie), and some new characters. In a post credits scene, the Joker kidnaps Harley Quinn.

Batman: The Dark Knight: Batman’s still grieving from the loss of Superman. Joker and a reluctant Harley Quinn attack Gotham City, and Batman & Robin fight them. The Dynamic Duo have a falling out because Batman is being overly protective of Robin and not letting him get involved because he’s worried if someone like Superman can die, Robin can die. In the end, they defeat the Joker by convincing Harley to betray him. Robin decides to leave Batman and do his own thing.

The JL: Reign of the Supermen: Based on. the animated movie Reign of the Supermen, but Cyborg Superman is revealed to be working for Steppenwolf, who attacks with an army of Parademons. The JL tries to defend earth, but it’s not going well. During the battle, Steppenwolf refers to Cyborg as a Motherbox. Then the real Superman comes back and defeats Cyborg Superman and joins the JL in driving the hoards of Parademons away from earth. When the JL starts to win, Steppenwolf runs away. Superboy decides to leave and go on adventures. In a post credits scene Steppenwolf arrives back on Apokolips empty handed. He tries to explain to Darkseid that the Kryptonian returned, but Darkseid kills him and says he will see this Kryptonian for himself.

Teen Titans: Robin, Changeling (jokingly referred to as Beast Boy by others), Cyborg, Superboy, and new characters Starfire and Raven form the Teen Titans and fight Trigon. Robin becomes Nightwing at the end. An end credits scene teases Deathstroke.

The New Gods: Takes place in the past. Mister Miracle leaves earth and joins the New Gods in a battle against Darkseid’s forces. This movie reveals that the Motherboxes are ancient computers that were hidden on planets and they each hold a piece of the Anti-Life Equation, which Darkseid wants so he can rule the universe.

The JL: Darkseid War: Darkseid arrives on Earth, battles the Teen Titans, and takes Cyborg. The rest barely escape to tell the Justice League what is coming. The JL attacks Darkeid’s ship, but doesn’t find him or Cyborg there. It turns out that Darkseid took Cyborg to Command D, a military base on Earth. By the time the JL realizes this, Darkseid has the final piece of the Anti-Life Equation, which he transmits to every screen on Earth. The majority of the human race is brainwashed into “Dying for Darkseid!” and Darkseid has them attack the JL. The JL doesn’t want to fight normal people mad there is so many of them attacking that they can’t do anything. Before they die, a boom tube opens up and they are carried to safety on New Genesis by Mister Miracle and Orion. Orion explains the situation and we get the scene where Batman punches him for being a jerk. They make a plan and character from the JL, the Suicide Squad, the Teen Titans, the New Gods, and Lex Luthor Team up to take the fight to Darkseid on Apokolips, where Darkseid plans to transmit the Anti-Life equation to the whole universe. They are severely outnumbered by Darkseid’s forces and seen to be losing until the entire Green Lantern Corps. and even some Red Lanterns arrive go save the day. With everyone covering him, Batman is able to reach the transmitter and shut it down, but Darkseid confronts him and he is hit by the Omega Sanction. Superman here’s this and leaves the battle to get revenge. Superman is super enraged. It’s a tough fight, but Superman wins and Darkseid is thrown into the core of Apokolips, causing the planet to destabilize. The good guys escape and the bad guys blow up. Superman remarks that he feels no sympathy for this dying planet. Everyone returns to earth and they have a funeral service for Batman.

Now the real question is if anyone is actually going to read all of that.

Every flipping word, no really I did.

My DCEU:

The Suicide Squad: Think Expendables mixed with Mission: Impossible. All-Star Cast. Based on the original team from the '50s, in the modern day, with Amanda Waller.
No costumes, no super powers. Rick Flagg and his hand-picked team, working for Waller.

Night Force: Baron Winters and a team of paranormal investigators. The investigators talk Winters into exploring his manor. He reluctantly agrees, and attempts to keep the manor’s secrets from them. When the team is all done and ready to leave, an accident happens that leads them all into a nightmarish adventure.

Checkmate: '60s Spy-fi throwback, but without the cute ‘let’s make fun of the genre we’re emulating’.

The Secret Six: A heist 30 years ago went without a hitch and the six people who carried it out have been living comfy since then. Until now.
Mockingbird starts calling them, and taunting them, leading the six criminals to reunite and discover who it is that’s out to get them.
Then it gets serious when one of them turns up dead…
A modern day mystery in the vein of Agatha Christie.

“A Better World” or Batman Beyond. I always wanted to see an older Christian Bale Batman having an argument with the new Batman. Explaining why he did what he had to do. Training a new Batman. The world will always need a Batman. Recruits his own team, a new JLA. Possibly Artemis, Kid Flash, Supergirl, Shazam, and Animal Man. Solomon Grundy is a villain, but the real threat is either Vandal Savage or Ras al Ghul trying to protect the earth from its inhabitants.

@LeonardoMyst Those are some great ideas

1 Like

@jvfann I’m surprised a live action Batman Beyond movie hasn’t happened yet, it’s such an obvious choice

@Awesome_Squid
You first Batman movie sounds a lot like the first 2 seasons of DC animated The Batman. (It started as Batman Year Three and has Batman being much like you described) Also your WW sounds quite a bit like the DC Animated Wonder Woman Movie. She wins the challenge and her and Trevor save the day from Ares world domination scenario.

@DeSade-acolyte I’ve only seen a few episodes of The Batman, but my idea for a WW movie totally came from the animated movie.