VOTING CLOSED! Your Complete Guide to DC's 2021 Round Robin Brackets

There was a push for more diverse representation behind the page for some time.

Tamaki and Tynion both represent progress in that direction.

Steve Orlando and several other writers and artists have made more visible contributions to DC over the more recent years.

There have always been diverse voices in comics and everywhere. The recognition is what is new.

6 Likes

Well, we are fans, too :rofl: Kinda hard to hide a preference for GL if your UN and icon are GL. We are definitely all happy for whichever story wins, but we’ll always have those characters that made us real fans!

8 Likes

I think in an interview with her creator?
Let me see if I can find it again. It’s not come up in the comics yet I don’t think.

7 Likes

steph is one of my favorite charcters and I honestly think she and time are better off as exs

4 Likes

I don’t mind Tim and Steph as exes, but I personally also love them together.

5 Likes

Greetings, friends!

We’re having a live Q&A with DC Publishing at 2021-04-06T19:00:00Z- be sure to stop by and say “howdy!”

6 Likes

it just like when she and tim are dating writers full into the trap of making tim her only motivation

5 Likes

Well, I disagree with that analysis myself, but I know that many people see it that way. I personally think she had several motivations during Tynion’s Detective Comics run, including wanting to save people, wanting to find her own path, and improving her skills.

3 Likes

yeah Tynion was good Im thinking more 90s robin and her interactions with other superhero teams is always as tims girlfriend

4 Likes

Justice League Queer and Suicide Squad

3 Likes

Update before the final day:

Robins: 21564
JLQ: 18296
Zatanna: 17436
GL: 15468
Blue Beetle: 14685
Lobo/Animal Man: 12615
Jesse Quick: 12122
Swamp Thing: 10917
Suicide Squad Seven: 10743
Asteria: 10104
Superman and Lois: 9984
Paws of JL: 8634
Son of Creeper: 7473
Nightrunner: 6234
Etta Candy: 5577
Brave and the Bug: 4776

With the exception of the fact that JLQ gained more than Robins, this is also the order of how many votes were added in the period too.

5 Likes

I am all in for Brave and the Bug. I don’t have high hopes for it winning, mainly because I don’t know that the character has the same impact anymore. But let him try!

6 Likes

Fair enough.

4 Likes

Of course, the ideal solution is to bag two Thanagarians with one stone and do it as a [insert polite term for “rip-off”, if one exists, which it doesn’t] of the Doctor Who episode “Last Christmas”, where characters from different time periods and realities are placed in the same artificial reality and interact with each other. This way, we get to see the… Things… that might go on inside all of their minds - like Tim and Conner maybe being a couple? - and also involve alternate Robins like Carrie Kelley and Helena Wayne. They could even revive the Silver Age concept that Bruce Wayne was Robin when he was a kid, and have his younger self interact with his successors. And, as much as I hate to quote the former guy, in his words, “unrelated, but still related,” maybe Barbatos is the one behind this, and he thinks being the bat that flew through the window means he was Bruce’s first sidekick, before he even became a hero.

4 Likes

For sure Robin

5 Likes

Robins

5 Likes

I was hoping that’d give me the badge… I haven’t gotten it.

4 Likes

Lanterns!!! Light ‘me up!

4 Likes

lmfao!

Nobody has yet

i think

5 Likes

I was expecting my mother to be team Zatanna, since she generally loves it when characters are forced to face their fears, but she surprised me by liking the Robins idea even more. She also made the same argument many of you have, that JLQ would be more enticing if we knew anything about the individual characters.

7 Likes