VOTING CLOSED! Your Complete Guide to DC's 2021 Round Robin Brackets

WELCOME TO THE VOTING BOOTH FOR…
ROUND ROBIN: THE FINAL ROUND!

ROUND ROBIN is where DC Publishing asks you, the fans, to vote on 16 different stories to determine which one will be made into a complete series. Each block of voting will be rewarded with new sneak peeks and goodies to delight your senses and spur one of these stories on to VICTORY!

After many rounds of victory, heartbreak, and heated debate, we’ve arrived at the final two contenders: ROBINS and SUICIDE SQUAD SEVEN. To aid in this very difficult choice, the immensely talented creative teams have provided you TEN WHOLE PAGES of both comics to tantalize your senses. Find them below the poll and check them out before voting - You never know what will sway your fan heart!

:point_down:VOTE HERE!:point_down:

• Robins
  • Suicide Squad Seven

0 voters

DON’T FORGET TO TUNE INTO DC FANDOME ON OCTOBER 16th TO FIND OUT THE WINNER!

Read on to uncover:

• Round IV: 10-Page Sneak Peeks
  • Round III: Full Single Page Previews
  • Round II: Creative Teams
  • Round I: Concept Art
  • Pre-Game: All 16 Original Pitches
  • Full Schedule

SNEAK PEEKS: ROUND IV (New!)

10-PAGE PREVIEWS OF BOTH SUICIDE SQUAD SEVEN & ROBINS

ROBINS

SUICIDE SQUAD SEVEN

SNEAK PEEKS: ROUND III

FULL SINGLE PAGES

GREEN LANTERNS: UNDERWORLD ON FIRE

Writer: Sina Grace
Artist: V. Ken Marion
Colorist: Andrew Dalhouse
Letterer: Troy Peteri

ROBINS

Writer: Tim Seeley
Artist: Baldemar Rivas
Colorist: Romulo Fajardo Jr.
Letterer: Steve Wands

BLUE BEETLE: GRADUATION DAY

Writer: Josh Trujillo
Artist: Adrian Gutierrez
Colorist: Wil Quintana
Letterer: Gabriela Downie

SUICIDE SQUAD SEVEN

Writer: Rex Ogle
Artist: Diogenes Neves
Colorist: Rex Lokus
Letterer: Tom Napolitano

:point_up: Click to expand :point_up:

SNEAK PEEKS: ROUND II

CREATIVE TEAMS

In many match-ups, it was a true nail-biter as we watched all our well-loved concepts run the gamut of fan voting. But in the end, only 8 could remain. Below you will find the next round of contenders, complete with the reveal of the creative teams on board:

To hear all about how these pitches were created and the experience of working at DC Publishing, check out the Q&A we had with the whole team behind the Round Robin adventure!

SNEAK PEEKS: ROUND I

CONCEPT ART

BEHOLD! As promised, here are the sneak peek reveals for each of the winners of ROUND ROBIN: ROUND I. Prepare a chair and a cushion under your jaws- it’s going to be hard to choose once you get a look at these stunning pieces!

Be sure to keep voting for your favorite to see TEN PAGE PREVIEWS of the final two contenders as we narrow in on the final winner!

SNEAK PEEKS: ROUND ZERO

ALL 16 ORIGINAL PITCHES
TITLE WHAT IT’S ABOUT
:00_lc_green_lantern:Green Lanterns: Underworld On Fire A deadly outfit of space outlaws are razing the intergalactic underworld sector by sector under the command of a disruptive new kingpin, in search of an ancient payday worth becoming the target of every power player in the galaxy—including Sinestro! Green Lanterns Kyle Rayner and Kilowog are put on the case, but will Kyle be able to do this one by the book when he finds out who’s behind it all?
:candy:Etta Candy: Holliday Hero, Inc. On summer break from Holliday College, an accident grants Etta Candy her very own superpowers! Taking on the new superhero mantle of Candy Stripe, Etta joins forces with Wonder Woman, Amanda Waller, and her Beeta Lambda sorority sisters to create Holliday Hero Inc.—an all-girls agency sworn to protect and assist anyone in need. WOO WOO!
:bug:The Brave and the Bug: Crisis on Infinite Ambush Ambush Bug must team up with some of DC’s greatest heroes to survive an attack by revenge-seeking Ambush Bugs from across the MULTIVERSE who never got to exist thanks to AB’s refusal to be rebooted.
:tophat:Zatanna and the King of Nightmares Something is terribly wrong with Zatanna’s powers, but before she can heal herself, she is forced to confront her worst fears in a strange new spiritual realm ruled by the terrifying otherworldly foe known as the King of Nightmares.
:motorcycle:Lobo / Animal Man: Scorched Earth Lobo. The name makes entire alien races collectively wet themselves with fear. The Main Man is proudly hyper-violent, arrogant, loud, stubborn, impatient, and ill-tempered. The best thing about him is that after he completes his contract, he leaves. Until now…
:japanese_ogre:Son of the Creeper An awkward teenager’s life is turned upside down when he inherits his dad’s chaotic powers. With his family in danger, Kieran Millar must save a father he doesn’t know from the monster he’s become.
:00_dc_pride:Justice League Queer Eight young queer heroes investigate a series of monstrous manifestations around the world and discover that something much more terrifying is coming.
:00_robin:Robins In the Blüdhaven apartment of Dick Grayson, a group of young people meets for coffee, doughnuts, and kvetching (between long, awkward silences.) The only thing they have in common? All were once Kid Wonders. Sidekicks to Batman. Robins.
:paw_prints: Paws Off the Justice League When the Justice League disappears, Jimmy Olsen and the Super Pets must save the world from certain doom by posing as the missing League.
:00_flash:Jesse Quick: Control When Jesse Quick uses her speed to access an alien artifact from a long-dead civilization, she finds herself imbued with the ability to harness and control the elements around her as her former super-speed is drained. But, when the power begins to corrupt Jesse, she must decide to give up these gifts or risk becoming, quite literally, her own worst enemy.
:mortar_board: Blue Beetle: Graduation Day Trapped between heroics and his future, Jaime Reyes is directionless. When the Reach interrupt Jaime’s high school graduation, things only get worse. Starfire becomes a new mentor to Blue Beetle, but is it Jaime or the Scarab that’s really in the driver’s seat? And why hasn’t Jaime applied to any colleges?
:fr: Nightrunner: Love in Paris All of Paris is obsessed with an intoxicating virtual songstress, whose holographic stage shows are lighting up the City of Love. But when the “vocaloid” ingenue’s fans start to disappear, Nightrunner must track down the infamous developer behind the eerily realistic celebrity AI.
:st_swamp_thing:Swamp Thing: A House of Secrets When love will not die, the dead must rise from the grave to kill it.
Louisiana, 1905: Caught in an eternal triangle of love and living death, the monstrous Alex Olsen; his widow, Linda; and his undead rival, Damian, vie for control of the cursed swamp where life, death, the past, and the future spiral into one never-ending nightmare.
:00_suicide_squad:Suicide Squad Seven Harley Quinn leads a team of criminals—a millionaire adventurer, a stage magician, a sugar-obsessed serial killer, a delusional former superhero, a drunk assassin, a mute metahuman, and a child who becomes a monster—to stop the centuries-old Church of Blood from trying to destroy all of humankind.
:00_wonder_woman_1982: Asteria: The Last Amazon An immortal Amazonian champion returns to Man’s World to discover her and the Amazons’ sacrifice now forgotten; a new breed of hero seeking power, glory, and dominance; and the secret family she left behind offering one last chance at redemption.
:superman:Superman & Lois: Ignition Our solar system is a machine—and its purpose is to trap and kill Superman! The sun is darkening, Mars’s orbit is changing, and a mysterious citadel in Jupiter’s Great Red Eye has awoken; it is time for Kal-El to stand against the very end of his world. But he won’t be doing it alone: Lois Lane is suited up and blasting off to get the biggest story in human history…and to watch Clark’s back as he faces his greatest challenge yet. Facing ancient aliens and planet-sized machines, trickster asteroids and the gigakrakens of Neptune, Superman and Lois will fight across all nine planets to prevent Earth’s dark destiny and save our future!

THE FULL SCHEDULE

Below, we are providing are the individual links to the DC Twitter and DC Community, where you can vote on all the match-ups at once.

Round I 2021-03-31T07:00:00Z2021-04-07T16:00:00Z
VOTING CLOSED!

Round II 2021-04-08T16:00:00Z2021-04-15T16:00:00Z
VOTING CLOSED!

Round III 2021-05-05T10:00:00Z2021-05-12T10:00:00Z
VOTING CLOSED!

Round IV 2021-05-26T07:00:00Z2021-06-02T07:00:00Z
Vote on DC Community :sunglasses:

WINNING COMIC ANNOUNCED & LAUNCHED: DC FanDome 2021-10-16T07:00:00Z
Vote on DC Community :sunglasses:

Bonus! For those who join us in the DC Community to philosophize and ruminate on all the promise each story holds, you will be rewarded with the rare DC Community Round Robin badge:

All you need to do is comment below and let us know which tale you’re rooting for, and why, or vote on the #round-robin polls posted here in the DC Community. You will be rewarded with this brag-worthy badge when the final votes are tallied each week.

Now for the good stuff- which of the above series is YOUR favorite? But WHY? Tell all in the comments below!

:batparrot:Pssst! Want to check out more bracket battles happening RIGHT NOW? Head over to our #general-discussion:polls-quizzes section, where we have hundreds of polls to satisfy your bloodthirst! Cast your votes, or make a poll of your own by clicking the little :gear: icon!

66 Likes

Holy crap, this is HUGE. I can’t believe the power we’re being given here. I absolutely adore this.

52 Likes

I want all of these and how dare you make me choose.

I mean, it’s Robins, of course it’s Robins, I’m general Batfamily trash and especially Jason Todd trash, but how dare you – I mean, I have to choose between my babies and Justice League Queer

50 Likes

LOVE IT! My vote would be The Brave and the Bug

17 Likes

GODDDDD, so many of these are SO GOOOOD. I don’t know how to CHOOSE.

On the one hand, DC is already WAY too Bat-heavy these days, and the other corners of the universe could use some love. On the other hand, that Robins book, tho…

33 Likes

We really only get one?

Like, couldn’t we have… all of them? Or at least five? Three? How about three?

24 Likes

I’ll say this: if that Green Lanterns book had Jessica Cruz in it instead of Kyle or Kilowog, that would have been my lock.

18 Likes

Seconded.

But if I have to choose, I absolutely think JLQ would be an awesome thing! As a queer person, that obviously speaks to me and I hope non-queer peeps also pick it up since it sounds like it might involve lesser known (or even new characters) and a cool story! Can we have Alysia Yeoh back? I know she’s not a superhero, but maybe she can be their Oracle-type person? And please include Dreamer!

21 Likes

I’m already torn between Robins and Justice League Queer, don’t give me more hard choices.

Though let me tell you, if Cass could also show up in Robins somehow, that would sweeten the deal…

20 Likes

Vote for :candy: Etta Candy: Holliday Hero, Inc.

We have enough GL stories. We don’t have enough Etta/Wonder Woman Family books.

Vote for :00_dc_pride: Justice League Queer as well for the same reasons. We have enough Robin content, give other characters a chance.

Vote for :00_wonder_woman_1982: Asteria: The Last Amazon

The Wonder Woman Family deserves to be celebrated on Wonder Woman’s 80 Anniversary. WW is part of DC’s Trinity and should finally have her characters receive the same love as the Bats and Supes.

18 Likes

Ambush Bug all the way!

19 Likes

Yeah, I feel you. I’m queer and a die-hard Robins fan, so like, I feel personally targeted by some of these choices XD

15 Likes

But honestly, DC, can we have all of these? Thanks!

19 Likes

As with, well, apparently everyone else, I would like to vote for all of them. Can we just bring back a Legends of Tomorrow type format to fit all of them? And bring back Sugar and Spike while we’re at it?

19 Likes

^ I like this proposal.

14 Likes

There are some interesting ones that’s for sure.

Robins, sounds really interesting.
I’m always down for more green lantern
Asteria: The last Amazon

This will be a good bracket.

14 Likes

yeah im leaning towards all of the above or at least half

9 Likes

OK, for today’s votes, I’m going…

1. Etta Candy: Holliday Hero > Green Lanterns. Jimmy Olsen had a big moment with the recent Superman’s Pal series, and now it’s Etta’s turn.
  2. The Brave and the Bug > Zatanna. Elliott Kalan’s LET THEM LIVE! vignettes have gotten me craving more Irwin Schwab.
  3. Son of the Creeper > Lobo/Animal Man. Lobo’s already got his own thing going with the new Crush/Lobo series, and I’m interested to see some more original concepts.
  4. Robins > JLQ. This was absolutely the hardest decision to make, but I desperately want to see more of Bruce’s boys hanging out together.
  5. Paws Off > Jesse Quick. A new Jimmy book? With Krypto? Sign me up!
  6. Blue Beetle > Nightrunner. I’m a huge admirer of John Rogers’ 06 Blue Beetle run, and it’s been a long time since we’ve had a great Jaime story. We’re due for another shot.
  7. Swamp Thing: A House of Secrets > Suicide Squad 7. Love the idea of revisiting the original House of Secrets version of Swamp Thing, and very curious to see where it goes.
  8. Superman & Lois > Asteria. Lois Lane is a queen and you will treat her like a queen.
20 Likes

A wise man once said,
“Give me Ambush Bug or give me Death!”

12 Likes

I’m with you, I would love for all of these WW titles to see the light of day. We need more Wonder Woman-related books!

15 Likes