Young Justice: Phantoms Spoilers Discussion

I like the Mars storyline, but it is kind of hard to keep track of the different Martians.

Also, why did it take them a month to get to Mars ?

3 Likes

I wouldn’t have minded the Mars thing if it had been like one whole episode or we got chunks of it during the season, but it’s two episodes of this new season and it’s just not that interesting yet. Like I said, maybe it gets better or this is gonna tie into something later, but for the moment…Yipes, just yipes.

3 Likes

The green Martians are not dead in the Young Justice continuity. In season 1 M’Gann mentions that both white and green Martians live on Mars (S1 E10 Targets). And in season 2, we see the attempted launch of a Mars-Earth communications satellite, which only makes sense if there’s somebody to talk to on Mars.

But, given Ma’alefa’ak’s role in the comics and DeSaad’s appearance at the end of the second episode, I wouldn’t bet on the Martians being safe long.

4 Likes

Enjoyed the first 2 episodes. The legion stuff has me curious, as does the mystery attacker. And am i the only one who doesnt trust the sister?

3 Likes

I fear that we are going to be getting a long Martian arc.

2 Likes

Am I the only one who senses that things aren’t going well for Gardita?

2 Likes

Let’s hope it’s just one more episode and then we can move on. I’d like to see what Nightwing and the rest of the original team are up to. The Outsiders can stay on the sides.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, it looks like it’s going to be a long, uninteresting arc.

4 Likes

Yes… watched this morning and I could not make myself care. Very disappointed so far. I loved the other seasons fingers crossed the next arc will be better

3 Likes

Ok, I liked this episode a lot actually. I might have cried a little at the Beast Boy scene towards the end. I am curious who is actually trying to kill them and who the Legion is there trying to stop.

Also, the credit scene was great.

3 Likes

I watched the episode and all I could think of was the Chappelle Show sketch with “Wrap It Up!”

We’ve wasted so much time on Mars and I’m just not invested.

2 Likes

Phantom Girl is not blue anymore!

3 Likes

Maybe it was just the lighting in the previous episodes?

3 Likes

Maybe so. That did occur to me. I feel awkward about these three episodes-- on the one hand, these are great! On the other hand, I feel as if a cast of thousands is being ignored…

3 Likes

As much as I complain about these three episodes, I will say maybe they saved so much on mouth animation that they’re staying on Mars for a bit lol

3 Likes

I’m having a very hard time caring about the Martians. BB’s healing was the only thing of interest in the episode.

5 Likes

It’s never been that way in Young Justice, Mars has never been destroyed, M’gann just left, she talked about the discrimination she always got in Season 1.

4 Likes

Harper crushing on Violet hard, haha! Who’s Cullen?

3 Likes

I’m loving this season so far, the fact that the opening sequence is only the OGs makes me so happy, hopefully the rest of the season is like that, focusing on the OGs.

3 Likes

Cullen is Harper’s younger brother.

3 Likes