Young Justice: Outsiders Prequel Comic

I’m reading the issues of the Young Justice tie-in comics right now getting ready for the new issues coming Jan 2 & 3. They’ll take place between seasons 2 and 3 of Young Justice. Then, of course the first three episodes come to DC Universe on Jan 4 :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Has anyone else read the comics or is reading them? I feel like they add a lot of cool backstory and even fill in some gaps. I’m really liking them so far.

1 Like

I’m on 14 right now. It gets a lot better as it goes on :slight_smile:

1 Like

Apparently Greg Weisman and Christopher Jones asked to have the tie-in comics renewed and would be on issue 15 currently, but DC is waiting to see how well the one shot coming out this week does. We could have had so many issues by now. :sob:

I read the tie-in book as it came out. Don’t have it anymore but I remember enjoying it alot. I’d like to see the zero issue added here, then the whole series would be present.

1 Like

I bought digital copies of all the comics when they first came out. Just re-read the last Season 1 story and the entire Season 2 prequel arc on DC Universe. I really hope that the tie-in comic returns, although I hope that it focuses on the gap periods between seasons more. The actual TV show has been good at giving the audience enough backstory that you do not feel lost due to the time jumps.

@Vroom That would be ideal.

@bwsilverbolt I hope that as well. I like that the tie-in comics help give characters that are neglected on the show some more character development, but it’d be cool if we could focus on those gaps years.

1 Like

I read awhile back that both in the an Arrow Family and Marvel Family stories would have appeared in the comic had it continued. I also read somewhere that the Zatanna / Dr. Fate story would have be addressed in someway in Season 2 of the series had additional episodes been added.

1 Like

Part 1 of the new comic just came out. Go read it YJ fans :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just read it. I thought it was good. Anyone else check it out yet?

1 Like

Are u speaking of the ones on here or are they different ones u have to buy.

It’s the S3 prequel book. It should be highlighted on the main home page.

1 Like

Ok, yeah I’ll get to those. I wasn’t sure if you meant new ones u had to buy. Thanks Vroom.

1 Like

Also thanks nu52 for alerting me cuz I really was waiting to hear an opinion on those

Just read the new one. Pretty good. Digging the art. Also enjoy the interactions between Ms. Martian and Superboy.

I really enjoy this comic so I’m hoping enough of us read it so that DC Universe can go ahead and green light an ongoing series already. The writer and artist are down to make more and are advocating for it on Twitter.

Superboy is still such a dick but the rest is pretty cool. Great art!

1 Like

How do you really feel about Superboy TX? J/K =)

1 Like

The second chapter just dropped :slight_smile:

About to read it

1 Like