Young Justice Outsiders chat

I love Young Justice so please don’t take this the wrong way but has anyone else kinda been mad at the new episode’s they have made lately?

Here are the reason’s why:

*I didn’t like the scene with Harper and Violet. The reason for this is because they were drinking under age they had a gun. Both Harper and Violet cheated on their boyfriends. Which Violet had a nice relationship with Brion.

*They haven’t really shown us Dick, Tim or Jason since the second part started. Now I understand them wanting to add new Characters and to show the outsiders and Garfield but please don’t push the old ones who started it in the back. They are the reason I watch the show. And one of the reasons I have the streaming service.

*And the last thing is the whole Artemis and Will thing! I like them as character’s but as a ship is a No! I don’t support it!

What are your thoughts? Do you agree with me? Is there something I forgot? Is there a reason you disagree with me?

6 Likes

Oh I totally agree with you!!
I have been on board with the new season thus far but that whole kiss scene was ridiculous and did nothing to move the main story forward it seemed. Harper was just like “hey its cool to be unfaithful and disrespect your partner and their trust!” also “I’m gonna get you drunk and make a move on you!” great message YJ!.

I’m still happy its back but there is something missing for sure compared to the first 2 seasons. Too many side stories maybe. I just feel like its stretched out to much. I just don’t feel the connection with the new characters like I did in the first season.

That eps. with Artemis and WillRoy trading looks had me so frustrated!! I was like “please no don’t do this, Wally’s coming back I know it!” I really hope they don’t put them together then have Wally come back just to create drama. I hate it when writers make unnecessary drama. There is quite enough going on with this season we don’t need anymore drama that is not related to the main plot. that goes for Violet and Brion situation. It worked with SB and MM back in S2 but there was not as much going on compared to this season.

Well those are my complaints. But I still have faith and we still have a good few eps. to get things moving along. I just hope we get some awesome eps. with Darkseid and Savage! I hope they don’t leave that as a cliff hanger for the next season.

1 Like

Yeah I agree with most of what you said. I personally don’t understand the whole Harper thing and I think they missed the target on that one. I really like the newbie thing they’re doing but I really miss the old characters too and I hope they get showcased more. Lastly my guess is they’re going to set up Artemis and Will and then all of a sudden Wally will come back bcs drama.

1 Like

I hate the Halo and Harper thing as well but I feel like there’s going to be a payoff with her and Brion fighting because of it so fingers crossed

1 Like

The Violet and Harper thing had exactly one scene of buildup ten or so episodes ago (which consisted of “Hi, I’m Harper.” “Hi, I’m Violet.” Cut.) because they’re too busy jumping around to Beast Boy’s hashtag squad and a million other random characters to actually focus on anyone’s development. If this were something we had reason to see coming, it’d be a fine development, but instead I just don’t care because it feels like any random thing can happen offscreen even though the overall plot is moving painfully slowly onscreen. I can’t even be excited that they announced Season 4 because I’m not even enjoying this season. And the first half was solid, because at least it mostly followed Nightwing’s secret team and had some legitimate developments on the evil side’s front, but it feels like the show has completely ground to a halt ever since it came back from the break.

4 Likes

@BatJamags well apparently S4 will be on a smaller group of hero’s so thats good. more time to focus on and what not.

1 Like

I have a feeling season 4 will be on the Outsiders and if that’s the case then I’m done with the show… I love the show and all well season 1, 2 and S3 part 1 but I want to see my favorite character’s in Action no offense to Beast boy’s team there great and all just not something I look forward to watching.

3 Likes

@robiny YJ S4 is gonna be similar to S1 with core members part of the team and they’ll be more covert missions. Also you only watch the show for the old members?? That makes no sense they can’t always be in the spotlight. It upsets me when people get mad bc there favorites aren’t in the spotlight. Thy had all of S1 to themselves. Lol no disrespect

1 Like

I watch the show because of the old members I like some of the new ones don’t get me wrong. I love watching forager. Beast boy’s team is great but that’s not the only character’s I want to see. Like Tim he’s only been in it twice so far this season and one all he did was stand not even say a word.

2 Likes

I feel so bad for Violet, personally. I understand that she feels shaken. Not only does she have only a few months worth of personal memories about the world, but she’s learned that Gabrielle may have betrayed her boyfriend’s parents. Then that she is actively dying.

It’d be a lot for anyone to take in, much less someone who doesn’t have the same coping mechanism as most teenagers.

It’s a heartbreaking scenario, all around. I do wonder if she isn’t subconsciously self-sabotaging her relationship with Brion.

2 Likes

I agree 100% with everything you said plus I’m not a fan of the new charectors I miss the originals

2 Likes

Honestly, I just hate how they took one of the few characters I genuinely liked from the New 52, Harper Row, and completely messed her up. Made her edgy and dangerous and unfaithful and whatnot. Wasn’t sure whether her “I have a boyfriend too” reply was meant to imply cheating or that she was just polyamorous but either way, her trying to force Violet into cheating was just awful and a disrespect to Harper Row’s character from the comics.

1 Like

I’m kinda growing indifferant to the whole show, and not really invested in any of it anyone. I like focus on characters with these types of shows. And this show has like 100 characters and if I wasn’t familiar with so much of the DC comics/media I’d barely understand who was who.

I don’t care about Brion and Halo. I don’t hate them, but they’re pretty much the most prominent characters this season and they’re just kinda meh. Troy Baker is a great VA but he’s just not giving a great accent here either. Most of the OG characters have kinda faded into the background. I like seeing Beast Boy step up…but the writing for him has been preachy and too “Hashtag this!” and he’s kinda overused. The Light Storyline needs an ending frankly, tieing everything to it is just getting meandering.

I’m going to finish this season, and maybe cancel my subscription and Doom Patrol is the only show I’m likely going to revisit.

3 Likes

Something must happen , if they want me to keep paying. Not enough new content . And the new stuff like swamp thing I’m not interested in.

1 Like

Zatanna

If it follows her comic character, & it’s already going there, she’s got way more stress coming from things she did b4 she was tarred. I won’t spoil but she got caught up in some go to prison stuff. But I concur with u, she’s already having trouble & for good reason as u said, basically a newborn in this stage of her life. I loved the relationship her and Katana had in the outsiders. Katana “was” her mom, protector etc. I’m hoping they head that direction eventually if it makes sense to in this season.

1 Like

I would like to see more of Tim Dick and Jason just because we haven’t seen much of them this season. I’d also want to see more of Bart. I feel like we didn’t get enough view of his characters progression yet

3 Likes

I think the main problem is they gave them to many episodes it’s been all over the place there’s no clear vision in the series .

2 Likes

My vlog on episode 18 will be up next Wed, but to cover the Harper/Violet scene mentioned above:
I could tell from the get-go that this was Harper acting out, demanding attention, which feels kind of in-character for her, based on the comics. I never considered her a good character, or good person, in the comics because she was constantly treating everyone like garbage (y’know, the crime-fighters she emulated and later steals from), and they ended up adoring her for it. Characterization, consistency, what’s that? She gets by pretty easy for someone allegedly destitute. Every possible convenience was thrown her way at the expense of established characters, and any actual arc.

The difference is, YJ Harper isn’t being patted on the back and complimented for doing something wrong, she actually faces consequences for those actions. That is a springboard for the kind of genuine characterization she severely lacked in the funny pages. While I don’t condone what she was doing (kissing Violet was likely just another form of “rebellion” like the gun and booze; she still forced herself on a girl that gave no consent–twice), it’s something to build off of so she can become better, instead of Tynion’s method of “she’s perfect at everything”.

That being said, I hope to high Heaven that no matter how many seasons this show gets, she stays the ever-loving expletive away from the Bat-clan.

1 Like

I love Young Justice, especially Nightwing. But he’s been noticeably absent in the last few episodes. Did he say something about needing a break again, and I missed it? Or maybe Barbara/Oracle is sick or needs another operation. I’m speculating here because there’s either something major going on with Nightwing, or he’s completely off the show for the rest of this season for reasons that will be hopefully disclosed soon.

Maybe in the background, Damian Wayne has shown up, and done something to Dick that had kept him away from Young Justice. I’m just speculating here since I haven’t seen Dick/Nightwing for awhile.

So here are my speculative fiction-ish thoughts. As usual, Bruce is on another mission, leaving Dick and Alfred to babysit his son. That would be a plausible excuse, in my opinion. Damian is a nightmarish brat who needs to be locked down in the Bat Cave for at least six months, maybe longer. He might be able back the system and free himself, but I believe Bruce would anticipate every move his bratty offspring would make, and upgrade his security systems accordingly. That’s how much I want to see that smug grin of Damian’s replaced by rivers of tears and mucus running down his face at the thought of his father incarcerating him like that.

1 Like

@angelfly, Howdy!
I don’t think you missed anything in regards to Dicks absents. He just hasn’t been in the second half of the season so far. Damian is just a baby right now though. You see him in the 4th or 5th eps. with Talia when Geo, Forager, and Halo go to that Island looking for Tara. You also see what is believed to be Jason Todd.

3 Likes