Young Justice has lost its magic

This season is massively underwhelming. Honestly it should have stay cancelled.

8 Likes

I vehemently disagree. This season has been a ride, and I look forward to more.

8 Likes

It’s great.

5 Likes

I am actually whelmed by this season so far.

5 Likes

Then stop watching.

Problem solved.

6 Likes

A flawed Young Justice is better than no Young Justice.

10 Likes

I think the first half was stronger, but we’ve still got some episodes to go. Maybe it’ll pick up!

6 Likes

Agree 1st half was stronger but still very good

4 Likes

Some episodes are hit or miss with me, but certain parts have been very much worth it.

4 Likes

Why can’t it just be whelmed?

5 Likes

I agree that the first half was much stronger. The second half has been lackluster for me so far, but the last episode was great. I’m hoping that the next episodes continue to get better.

3 Likes

@E-Dot To know the fate of Wally.

1 Like

I miss the original YJ crew, when it was just a small team and you, as a viewer, got to know everyone well. Now there’s so many people, and overall less solid character interaction since it has to be spread out among so many more characters.

9 Likes

I honestly love this new season, it’s really great. I find it very entertaining, and I don’t think the original team needs any more focus, since we’ve been there and done that. My only criticism however, is the characters introduced in season 2 have not being fully fleshed out so they more like background characters

4 Likes

I feel you. However, I’d wait and see how the show plays out when you can watch it all in one sitting. May be better then

1 Like

I disagree wholeheartedly with the OP.

Of course, the OP is entitled to an opinion even if it’s wrong. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

My willingness to continue watching this season is coasting on built-up goodwill from the first two. If this were an original show, I would be gone by now. If we start getting an actual plot point more frequently than once every other episode or so, I might revise my opinion.

Like, I get what they’re trying to do. It’s sort of a tour of the DC Universe, and it’s not supposed to focus on one group, but rather show a bunch of different, overlapping journeys during the same stretch of time. Basically, they want to be 52. Unfortunately, the lack of focus and glacial pacing is landing them closer to Countdown.

I’m also trying not to be bothered by the painfully forced attempts at relevance, but… I’m kind of bothered by the painfully forced attempts at relevance. Especially since a ton of them seem really perfunctory and not very well thought through. For example, the “metahuman trafficking” stuff sorta feels like they’re trying to say that slavery is only a problem if it happens to special people. Or the explicit tokenism with Beast Boy’s Hashtag Squad, when they could’ve easily rewritten the scene to say that the team is diverse because it just is. Or the forced meme of #wearealloutsiders, which is “Hello, fellow teenagers! How are you ‘hanging’ today?” levels of clunky. Or the Goode Goggles, which did kind of make sense, but seemed to show up in completely random places just to say “Hey, VR/AR is a thing that exists!”

And I mean, I don’t think the show is bad. But I think it’s just OK, and if I didn’t know that this show can be good, I would have better things to do with my time than watch a show that’s just OK.

2 Likes

Is it just me or did the animation take a hit since the mid season? I know it’s a downgrade since the first two, and that’s okay, but in the first episode of the second half of this season, I just noticed a ton of anime style tricks where people stood still and only their mouths moved. Really cheap.

1 Like

I feel you its kind of a dud but its something to watch

2 Likes

Awful season, way too many issues and nothing good except for the fact that the show is back.

1- animation drop quality and if you pay attention most characters look alike!

2- having many characters and introducing new is not an issue because we seen it before in JLU and it was awesome only issue is you have to know how to do it, we have to agree they did a bad job with that this seasons. Violet, the bug and the prince are annoying character. I mean they don’t have any like-able characteristics and don’t get me started on their voices and accents

3- who is the main villain? We don’t even know! And we are pass halfway. I mean yes it’s about the trafficking of children but, where’s savage? Darkside? Death stroke? There’s like 5 different things going on and none of them are going anywhere.

4- why is miss Martian bald? No reason at all just to annoy viewers I guess

5- Night Wing, super boy, kid flash, robin, miss Martian, aqua lad. They where the core of season 1 and 2. Now they are nowhere to be found, I mean I understand they moved on but they are Young Justice! They are what people want to see and What does DC do? They take them away and replace them with 3 garbage characters violet, the bug and the prince which they can kill all 3 of them next episode and I wouldn’t care. (I won’t even mention
Cyborg because it’s like if he doesn’t even exist)

6- BB drama, attitude and social media exploitation makes me want to throw up, and it looks like it’s not stopping

Truly the only way to salvage this show now is if you get Batman on the next episode to explain that he has left the “outsiders” run their way and do their shenanigans all this time so they can distract the enemy from the JLs plan and then the remaining episodes of the season we have the Justice League join forces with the original members of the Young Justice and they both kick Darksides ass on Apokalips.

2 Likes