Young Justice finally returns and some questions.

Finally, After CN decided to give YJ the boot years ago, its finally back and everyone is so happy it did but I have some questions. BTW, no spoilers. I’ve heard about the show’s new maturity but how mature is it? Is it really bloody? Does it have swearing? What taboo subjects are handled? I hope it ain’t too bloody since I, and others, are squeamish.

It does have blood. No swearing. A bit of graphic imagery, and dark themes. Deaths do happen now, and you see them. But all in all, it’s pretty good. :+1:t2::+1:t2:

1 Like

That’s good to know but how bloody though. Minor or a splatter-fest?

It does feel very different then before, but it still pays respect to the large history of the comics and first two seasons. It also has positioned a lot of key players in interesting, intriguing and powerful places both fame and political wise. I’m also not a fan of how the credits seem to work now. All and all, I’m still in, no doubt about it.

It does feel very different then before, but it still pays respect to the large history of the comics and first two seasons. It also has positioned a lot of key players in interesting, intriguing and powerful places both fame and political wise. I’m also not a fan of how the credits seem to work now. All and all, I’m still in, no doubt about it.

I’m new to the show and I didn’t go back and watch the first two seasons, I wasn’t sure if I would like it, but I really enjoyed it

It jumped, but from like TVPG - TV14. It keeps alot of the same tones that the first two seasons had, with a slight increase in gore(Except for one scene, GOD YOU WILL KNOW IT WHEN YOU SEE IT. BE CAREFUL WATCHING EP 3). Other than that it hasn’t change much and im glad it didn’t go full Titans on us.

P.S. @IssacBrown dshfakhekiauhfkdjsf go watch it now you mad ladd.

3 Likes

I would love to give a full report about season 3 but the feebs at DCU Central decided that even though I am a yearly subscriber and well over 21, They will only allow 3 episodes a week. I couldn’t be more disappointed about that little wrinkle, when binge wat is so popular. You’d think maybe they’d want to be on the cutting edge of binge watching but they did the same with Titans and as a result I still haven’t watched it because I am too busy binging other great titles on my many other Roku channels. THREE EPISODES DC? Really?

1 Like

I watch the first three and am more than ready for 4 through 6 next week. Keep in mind just like the “time jump” between Seasons one and season two in the very first episode they make it quite clear another 5 years have passed. Those very young teenagers are now full grown adults in their 20s. Is it a bit more mature? yeah but its by now means “Titans” and I seriously doubt we will ever hear and cursing or have any of the couples winding up in bed nude on screen. … For any one that didn’t watch Titans BOTH of those things happen in that show LOL It looks like we have an interesting main plot to follow and I was amazed to see we have 26 episodes schedule to appear. I was glad to see Miss Martian and Super Boy worked everything out and I am stil hoping they Figured out some way to bring Wally Kid Flash) back… I have watched three episodes and am looking forward to 3 more next week

2 Likes

It’s more mature but nothing much I mean the blood they show is the same as they showed before just red pooling basically nothing graphic

I’m rewatching the first 2 seasons, forgot how many episodes there are! If you enjoyed the first 3 of S3 do yourself a favor and fill in the time between Fridays with previous season viewing. It was the greatest animated comics show of all time (personal preference, sorry The Batman, nothing personal) and this season is looking like a fine follow up. Some of the animation seems a bit rushed here and there, but then it’s more than made up for in the next scene. The deaths were a bit of a shocker, but well done. And yeah One-Eyed-Wilson, that flipped me out!

I don’t mind 3 a week, it keeps folks coming back and gives me a chance to digest what I’ve seen AND keep tossing in episodes from the previous seasons that I’m rewatching. I’ve probably seen S1 and S2 2 or 3 times through already, but you forget just how incredible this show was until you revisit it.

Oh, Superboy OWNING you know who at the end was short and sweet but just summed up how far the character has evolved from the beginning. Sure he growled when he saw that lab, but he’s gone from boarish battering ram to an elite powerhouse. Wonder if he’ll ever gain the other Kryptonian powers? (ok, help me out as I haven’t gone through the old seasons far enough., He was using thos Lex badges once to augment, did they do any permanent damage to him?)

2 Likes

I’m with @cybercoyote on possibly/probably the best animated show. It has a way of making even the darkest of subjects feel more like reading a comic then actual violence. It’s steeped in history of characters & even with the twists on some of them it just works. As far as taboo or too violent, I’d say absolutely not at all. Just a great show for adults & kids. More mature then Brave & Bold (which I love) but not as dark as Titans which I also love. It truly works on all levels for fans of any era imho.

1 Like