Young Justice Discussion

@project Yup. The 2nd half of season 3 doesnt return until July 2nd, in which the first three epiosdes will premiere and then we will have three episodes each week until the show is over.

1 Like

Show being over as in the season finale.

1 Like

Just finished watching season one and two. Can’t wait to binge season three. Love to see some more Zatanna Batgirl and Wonder girl. And I hear Cyborg is in season three?

2 Likes

Yup! I have a feeling Cyborg is gonna be a big part of the 2nd half too. Really cool to see him.

1 Like

I can’t point to a particular favorite episode. To help kill this hiatus, I have been rewatching YJ from the beginning followed by each episode’s associated Whelmed podcast episode (plus their extra stuff; e.g., i really liked their Crispin Freeman interview). I might have to step it up now that it is June and said hiatus will end the second of July.

As to favorite characters, I can break it down by season: s1: Robin; s2: Aqualad; s3: Halo. But to expand in reverse order…

This take on Halo is excellent, especially within the mechanics of the YJ universe (YJU?). If they show it, I am looking forward to seeing more of her backstory.

Aqualad. Son of Black Manta. Nuff said.

Season 1 got me excited to see Robin become the leader he was destined to become and then i got robbed when they time jumped between s1 & 2.

2 Likes

The development that Kaldur has gotten has just been phenomenal. The double agent arc was so good and overall on the show he is a great leader for the team. They really did an amazing job adapting him from the comics.

Same for Halo, I really like the way they decided to adapt her. The design and voice actress were top picks, and the colors are very cleverly used as tools for mood.

1 Like

I think the plot with Granny Goodness working for Darkseid with the mind control Goode Goggles is going to be the 3b arc. I’m hoping to see more of the season 2 team in the future, they’ve been sidelined this season for sure. I also hope YJ continues to run for at least a few more seasons, we just got it back, I don’t want to lose it again.
In season 3, my favorite episodes have been Private Security, and probably, Nightmare Monkeys. Nightmare Monkeys was a very controversial episode due to the different styles in animation, but I thought how they adapted it was clever. The story they basically conveyed was that everyone in Gar’s life leaves/is killed. And in the Doom Patrol Go song, it’s treated like a joke, which goes along with Garfield’s personality.

2 Likes

When i was first watching season 2 and i realized G Gordon Godfrey was Glorious Godfrey, i was hoping to see something akin to the Legends mini-series that features said godfrey.

I also remember a cyborg spotlight thing, which was about 30 seconds, when season 2 was first aired. and now that he’s been introduced, I am looking forward to seeing more of him. Regardless if they introduce Raven and/or Starfire.

2 Likes

From season 1 I love Home front and Performance

I didn’t like any from season 2 (Sorry) I didn’t like the 5 year time skip it also didn’t show anything about the characters Home lives.

From season 3 I love private security.

My favorite male characters is: Dick, and Tim. (I’d put Jason as well but we haven’t got much about him yet)
My favorite female character is: Artemis C.

I want to see Jason and Dick have a fight then a brotherly moment. I also want to see some more of Tim. I want to see Bruce and Selina Kyle be a thing. (Sorry to others in advance) I want Traught to be a thing (Dick x Artemis) (Shipped them from season 1 before she was with Wally… Sorry spitfire fans I don’t ship it… Please don’t hate me.)

3 Likes

The private security and Santa prisca are the best episodes. That and titan are the reason I don’t mind having the streaming service.

3 Likes

My excitement for the second half of season 3 is ramping up to nearly intolerable levels, or it could be the huge coffee slushie I just drank. Basically, I want to see villainous plots unfold. I’m not the biggest fan of the hero side. I watch this show for the villains. So give me some sweet nefarious deeds. And all I want for Christmas is a season 4 announcement.

3 Likes

I want Zatanna and dick to end up together.

2 Likes

Favorite episodes:

1. Misplaced (S1E19)
  2. Satisfaction (S2E8)
  3. Endgame (S2E20)
  4. Nightmare Monkeys (AKA Doom Patrol GO!) (S3E12)
  5. Private Security (S3E4)
2 Likes

To sort of re-post from another thread…

I am looking forward to seeing The Outsiders form, if not led by Batman, then certainly Black Lightning. I am also eager to see more of Halo’s story.

I am also looking forward to seeing Cyborg’s story line, and if it will tie into some sort of Judas Contract sub-plot.

ok, so maybe it was more of a paraphrase…

1 Like

Miss Martian is my favorite character. I love watching her character evolve, and her relationship with Superboy develop. Young Justice is the reason I got a subscription. Can’t wait for the rest of season three!!

2 Likes

It looks like I’m the only poster in this thread who’s viewing the series for the first time from the beginning, so I have a couple of questions:

1. Did/does anybody else feel like M’Gann is the only character who has a personality in the early going, or is it just me?

2. Did/does anybody else feel like the first 3 episodes were a little too repetitive in terms of structure?

1 Like

For some reason I love the ones where Connor finds her pets.

2 Likes

I’ve only watched the first six episodes of Season 1 but am aware of future spoiler developments due to both my own independent research and my consumption of the Whelmed: The Young Justice Files podcast, and I have to say that, at this juncture, I’m really not buying Artemis and Wally as a future Canon pairing. That might change as I get to actually witness the development of their romance, but, even knowing that they apparently lose all memory of their first meeting (and whatever follows), I’m having a hard time seeing beyond just how incredibly and unjustifiably rude he was to her in “Infiltrator”.

1 Like

Im curious if the Harley Quinn Animated series is in the same universe as Young Justice.

1 Like

I’m up to Episode 9 of Season 1 now and, for me, 1x07 - Denial - has been the strongest, although I wish that the bits of character growth we started to see from Wally in that episode had stuck.

Speaking of Wally, I’m still not feeling like the show is ‘earning’ its way to a romantic pairing between him and Artemis, although I will admit that their ‘amnesiac’ interactions in “Bereft” were kind of charming, even if said charm was undermined by the fact that they went back to unnecessarily sniping at each other once M’Gann restored their memories.

Speaking of M’Gann, she, Kaldur, and Superboy are the 3 best characters of the series thus far, and the show is thankfully not only taking its time in setting up the M’Gann/Superboy relationship, but making sure that each little incremental step in getting to that ‘endgame’ feels earned and believable based on who the characters have been established as being, with “Bereft” being the best example of that since he was the only member of the team that she personally risked her own life to save, which says a lot about what she’s feeling.

I feel like I need to make mention of Robin just so that he’s not forgotten, but the show has kind of pushed him into the background for no real reason and it’s a little bit sad.

I’m starting to question why it took me so long to dive into the series because, aside from a few ‘niggles’ I have with regards to the interactions between Wally and Artemis and some early feelings of unnecessary repetitiveness, YJ has really impressed me with the overall quality of its writing and storytelling, which makes it stand out in a cartoon landscape that quite frankly hasn’t been all that good since the early 2000s.

1 Like