Young Justice (Comic Books) Appreciation Thread

both the bendis and fitmartin runs seem to be being ignored by green arrow
cissie says “i threw away my bow and arrow” unless this means she stopped being arrowette yet again after the bendis run

1 Like

Deep sigh

Comic…you HAD to know how that would sound, right? I get the context, but…you should have phrased it differently

Any comic that references Princess Bride is cool with me though

I gotta say, this is Cassie’s best look so far. Still don’t know why she has goggles though

IDK why Snapper’s shirt is homaging Nightwing’s disco look but I’m digging it

2 Likes

oh yeah i love that shirt as well and cassie has goggles because it looks cooler than a headband (not said officially but you know its true)

2 Likes

I have finally finished Young Justice (volume 1) and I should share my final thoughts.

Overall, this was a great book. You got some of the angst and mildly frustrating situations/drama that come from characters their age. But that’s to be expected. And it does have humor and some great character development. I started reading this because I was following Cassie Sandsmark’s journey, but I love the entire team dynamic. But while talking about Cassie, it was cute to finally see her and Kon share a kiss in the final issue. And I look forward to seeing more as I continue looking up Cassie’s stories.

The only other thing I should talk about is Secret/Greta. What they did with her is clearly this book’s answer to the “Judas Contract” storyline from the New Teen Titans back in the day. Greta died young, I want to say 12 or 13, and she was stuck like that in her new supernatural form. She didn’t know how to properly talk to her friends or how to process some of the stuff going on, sometimes making me a little frustrated at her for not putting in the effort to actually TALK to any of them about what she’s feeling. But at the same time, I do get the inner turmoil she has. I’m just glad that things seem to work out…mostly okay. Her dad is still dead and her mom is in a psych ward, but she’s alive again so that’s something!

All said, I enjoyed this book. But now, sadly, I must leave this thread. Soon I will start the 2003 Teen Titans book to continue reading Cassie’s journey. Thank you for putting up with my bizarre thoughts and statements!

2 Likes

wait you need to share your thoughts on slobo (not actually required to)

2 Likes

A clone of Lobo that was likely to disintegrate into nothing over time. Still very much Lobo, but not as intense and had a few good moments that actually had a good lesson for the other teammates

2 Likes

good thoughts
i still really hope he returns because he’s not technically dead and I’m sure current dc has the tech to stop his his degeneration i will forever hold out hope for something i don’t believe will happen

i dont expect it to be reversed (but dc is no stranger to undoing disability so you never know)

2 Likes

3 Likes

so far, looks like stephanie brown is babysitting super kids like jeffrey holt, robert long and cerdian who were introduced in flash 799.

2 Likes

hope that this is a young justice title
one member being older than the rest (i know red tornado counted for the old team technically but he also doesnt age at the same time) is interesting so i do hope this team is a new young justice

1 Like

so far, looks like a super kids title will be similar to super sons. super kids were introduced in flash 797.

2 Likes

its gotta be a new young justice or teen titans
i doubt dc would use a new name because it wouldnt have the reach those names do

2 Likes

if need more super kids, I would use green lantern tai pham who unfortunately got assigned to another earth and green lantern Kai Ro from the cartoons.

2 Likes

i think kai-ro is a batman beyond character

teen lantern exists and was part of the bendis lineup so she could work

2 Likes

is there a lore reason for why bart allens eyes are sometimes blue when they are supposed to be gold ?

2 Likes

200w-1

2 Likes

I’m just gonna say. Here is who I would choose to start off a brand new YJ line-up:

Emiko Queen
Wallace West
Stephanie Brown
Secret

With room for future members

2 Likes