Young Justice As A Show

Originally, I did not watch Young Justice when it came out fir the first time. It was not until 2019 of last year that I watched the show, and I found myself impressed. Season one was my favorite, and I enjoyed the Robin amd Zatanna as a pair. Season two, I felt as if it was five pounds of packed meat being put into a two pound paper thin plastic bag. I enjoyed season three, but it got me thinking. Where you as fans place Young Justice as a show in terms of character development, storytelling, and hero representation? It was good at first, but some the younger heroes have just been kind of ehh to me. Discuss

8 Likes

Season two of Young Justice is my favorite, followed by season one, and then season three. I like all of the characters that were shown in the second season, and I enjoy the plot line. Season one was also very good. However, season three got rid of many of the main characters. I know they are still there, but the storylines revolve more around the outsider characters. While the new characters are good, I miss the main attention being on the heroes like Nightwing, Robin, Superboy, Miss Martian, Artemis and the others.

5 Likes

I believe for season 4 they’re going to bring it back to the original characters. 2 and 3 have served well to world-build and develop the characters in perspective of those around them. I definitely miss the og cast, but as long as we get back to them as the focus for whatever craziness is next season, I’ll be happy with the journey it took to get there.

I missed the team in 2 & 3 but do appreciate the stories we got and the world that was created. The writers are incredible and have brought so much from the comics into the show in new, interesting ways.

2 Likes

I’ve always loved the character dynamic and the world that the show has established

4 Likes

Happy cake day!!

I didn’t watch it when it first aired but enjoyed it on Netflix for a few years before DCU came out. I also prefer the first season. I pretty much only started watching it because they made a version of Klarion the Witchboy. I also really like Zatanna. Season 2 was just ehh for me and season 3 was weird at times but I enjoyed it. Some season 3 episodes are great, some are a little strange. I’m looking forward to what they’re doing with season 4.

2 Likes

Thanks!!!

2 Likes

I totally agree with liking Zatanna and Robin together. Season 1 was definitely my favorite.

1 Like

I’m sure countless others have mentioned it before but I’m primarily amused how in the comics Teen Titans was primarily the serious heavy comic and Young Justice was the more lighthearted one. But in animation it’s vice versa

1 Like

Young Justice has become one of the best written animated series of all time. This is a hard hitting social commentary where the characters are placed in situations that the fans can actually relate to, and grow with. I’m still waiting for the return of Wally West, as I do not believe he is dead, but has been trapped in the Speed Force following his exit at the end of Season Two. I’m thrilled for the release of Season 4, and I hope they finally introduce the parents of Bart Allen.

1 Like

at least Bart’s mother

1 Like

Young Justice is easily one of the best animated shows to come from DC. When season 3 came back I was thrilled! Hopefully they get many more seasons coming up! Long live The Team!

2 Likes

Young Justice continues to be one of my favorite animated shows. I’ve watched season 1 and 2 at least 3 times. Those are my two favorite seasons. As far as season 3 goes… I didn’t care as much for it as I did for 1 and 2. Don’t get me wrong. I liked it, because it was Young Justice, just not as much. What I kinda didn’t like, were the new characters. I wasn’t used to them, and they (in my opinion) weren’t characters that catch my attention. I’m more of a classical characters kind of guy.