Young Justice #1

What are people’s opinions? I really love the animated reboot, but I found the first issue of the comic to be “messy” to read in lack of a better word.

I like the the Gemworld premise, but the execution of the storytelling is so far away from my palate I am seriously considering dropping it after the first issue.

What are your thoughts on the first issue? Am I being too picky, is it worth to be on the pull list?

2 Likes

Me personally I loved it open up a lot of questions special about Cassie especially about Cassie Donna hate talk texting I am a huge amethyst amethyst fan in this gem world problem looks good a couple more issues I will continue to read it curious about the new characters the Jonah Hex descendant ANd TEen lantern

2 Likes

Best comic of the week IMO

1 Like

Was pleasantly surprised to learn Amethyst is in this. This is why we need her previous issues from the 1980s on here!

2 Likes

As a huge fan of the original comic, I thought this was a great relaunch. It gave us all the moments we’ve been waiting on for a long time. I could feel Bart’s infectious energy in every panel, his joy represented my joy, ecstatic to have the gang back together. Can’t wait to see what new adventures they get into.

1 Like

I enjoyed it. Seemed like a standard ‘this is how the team comes together’ concept. I dug the Gemworld stuff and assume that is what they’ll use explain how this is in continuity. But I also kinda like the idea that right now they’re like “forget continuity, Conners back!” Plus the Gleason art looks great.

Plus they gave us Jenny Hex, so I’m all for more of that please.

2 Likes

Absolutely loved it! From Robin saying “Is this a Brave and the Bold then?” to “Wonder Girl is back!” and many other great moments, it was great!

Best single issue of the year so far =)

3 Likes

I’m with you @Coville. I’m happy to see the characters, but this issue was all over the place with short, stuttery dialog. I didn’t really enjoy reading it.

4 Likes

The short, quick, easy pace of the comic was just my style. I get ahead of myself when I read, so the simple yet elegant art and the great dialogue were really great. And, who am I to pass up any comic starring the one and only Timmers? Love the way bart is portrayed.

1 Like

I haven’t bothered with it yet and I’m planning on seeing how some friends of mine feel about it after an arc before doing anything. I got pulled into the hype with Bendis on the Superman titles and ended up feeling majorly disappointed in Superman specifically after wasting money on an arc of that book so I’m exercising a bit of caution with future Bendis titles.

2 Likes

I loved it. It was just really fun with great action. IMO the best book BMB has done since finding his way to our neck of the woods!

3 Likes

I am curious to know what the reasons for Tim simply going by Robin again (perhaps knowing about the previous timeline and importance of that name to him), as well as what happened to his girlfriend, Stephanie Brown, a/k/a Spoiler.

He’s been Robin in the new material of the Teen Titans Giant series since it began. I assume it was an off-panel decision that will be shown later in significant detail somewhere.