YJ: Outsiders Relatable Vandal Savage?

The most intriguing episode yet sorta re-defined Vandal Savage. Does that treatment make him more of a ‘Good guy’ now?

3 Likes

The story they spun in the episode definitely made him out to be a hero. Bear in mind that it was told from the perspective of his daughter, so naturally she’d paint him in a favorable light. Good and bad are relative terms; Vandal is basically a conqueror. He wants control of the world. Throughout the ages, he’s led armies and slaughtered countless people to that end. I wouldn’t consider that “good” myself.

4 Likes

I feel like the episode showed Vandal has a purpose, and his only care is to achieve that purpose, regardless of how he is perceived.

For me, I’m wondering if we have to be concerned that Doctor Fate is less of a good guy than we thought.

2 Likes

What impressed me was is they did a great job with a common theme among your God or immortal characters like Darkseid, Vandal, Ras Al, Thanos etc.

By looking at life from thousands of years if not tens of thousands of years of living they are convinced they are doing the right things for the greater good. They are the hero.

That’s a powerful concept. Not a new concept, just very well presented to the point that I can relate to it better.

Dr. Fate/Nobu had always been a morally ambiguous character and awesome for it! :+1:t6:

2 Likes

He’s immortal & lived multiple lives. Bound to grow intelligent & realize switching it up, as far as being a villain nonstop., isn’t as fun, or satisfying, as trying the hero thing eventually.

2 Likes

@djd187.81432
There’s a lot to catch up on, huh? :smile:

1 Like

KittyKrawler

You have no idea lol. I read comics for like 8 days from time I woke up till I went to bed. I watched all the new movies & YJ3 of course. The comics is where I’ve been tho, can’t stop. I bought a bunch of new figures too, coming tue & wed.

1 Like

@djd187.81432
Love it! Which figures did you order? :eyes:

2 Likes

I second that inquiry. What’d ya get djd?

1 Like

I’m a huge comic book/superheroes fan but must confess I don’t get the collection of toys as a grown up.

The only one I have is BATS batcar but it sits in a corner despite how much I loved it in the toons.

Looking for insight.

KittyKrawler & Vroom. I know it’s weird but I like to order figs & forget what I ordered so it surprises me. I know, super weird. I can tell u I got a Zatanna cover girls statue, a Deadman 6” , Terra & Scar blackest night 2pck. & a set of 4 Bombshells buttons. WW, Supergirl, Batgirl, & Harley Bombshells pins. I purposely order & don’t look again. So I know I got more. I’ll post em on collectors corner on a new thread. I need to anyways cuz I keep adding to my collection, so my shelves are already different then the pics I have up. I squeezed more in there, including Black Manta, Ocean Master, WW in Star Sapphire outfit blackest night, Lobo on his spacehog with Mister Mind riding “bitch” ( sorry that’s literally the best word I could use to describe it, no offense meant), Cyclone. I had no room for my new Momoa Aquaman, Starfire/ Adam Strange 2pck & Lois Lane Bombshells statue. I also forgot about my JL action Burger King figs that I’ve never posted. So I’ll post my “new look” shelves & all the figures I get when they arrive & those JL action ones on a new thread. Everything will be here by Wednesday.

1 Like