YALL HAVE TO GO SEE SHAZAM!!

I got to see Shazam early because of Fandango and it is such a great movie!! There so many things in the movie that as a DC/Shazam fan that you will all appreciate. THE REAL CAPTAIN MARVEL IS HERE!!

14 Likes

For anyone who’d like to answer: the trailers made it look like a silly kids’ movie. Accurate? From a scale of, like… Lego Batman to Wonder Woman, where does Shazam(!) fall on the frivolity meter?

I’m planning on seeing it day one. I’m very excited!

1 Like

@iJest: It’s not as silly as LEGO Batman, but it’s an overall lighter movie. I’d say it’s overall about the same tone as Into the Spider-Verse.

3 Likes

Can’t wait :slight_smile:

I absolutely loved Shazam!
Big recommend. :blush:

4 Likes

It looks, to me, to be based on the New 52 origin story (which I love). Is that accurate?

1 Like

@OmegaLazarus

It is definitely influenced by the New52 story.

1 Like

It is very heavily based on the New 52 Origin story. They changed it enough so it definitely doesn’t feel like a re-hash. But it is VERY heavily based on that arc.

As for where it falls with a kids movie, it is I believe rated PG-13 and while some of the shenanigans with Billy first learning his powers are reminiscent of Big or 80’s era comedies of that ilk, it also has several dark and more serious element. It’s not the typical gritty DCEU, but it also isn’t something that adults would not get into. All in all it is a great movie, I highly recommend it. I am telling you, Doom Patrol, The Arrowverse going strong, Aquaman, Shazam! DC movies are about to turn a corner and show the potential they always had but have yet to truly reach.

4 Likes

Having seen it myself, I’d say Shazam! is the most consistently good movie that DC’s put out in theaters since the Nolan trilogy. Wonder Woman and Aquaman may have some higher highs, but there are parts of both films where they stall out, when Shazam! never does.

Definitely the DCEU’s best film in terms of pacing, which is something a LOT of modern blockbuster movies have a problem with.

5 Likes

Can’t wait to see this movie

1 Like

I’ve seen Shazam twice and would happily see it at least two more times throughout its theatrical run.

3 Likes

I still have to see it, it’s on my list.

4 Likes

I already have, twice! And I love it!

1 Like

I can’t wait for the general public to see this movie it’s so diversity filled fun scary it is everything going to the movies is all about. Kids will feel like they are more important and adults will feel more well like a kids again. The world needs more movies like this.

1 Like

I will see this ASAP.

No politics, no preaching, just a good time and good entertainment.

Well, I’ll give it a go then. :smiley:

1 Like

@iJest Enjoy! I did! :smiley:

4 Likes

So they call him Shazam or Captain Marvel in the movie?