Y: The Last Man TV Series

I was a clickin’ and a readin’ on the main DC site and read their write-up for the Y: The Last Man show (titled “Y”) that premieres on F/X next year. They also had an accompanying promotional image of someone walking down a dark street. I’m not familiar with anyone in the cast, however BKV is on-board as EP so that’s good.

I read pieces of the comic when it was current and enjoyed it greatly. With the show debuting next year, I might have to get more in-depth with its source material.

Are you a fan of Y: The Last Man that’s looking forward to Yorick’s televised adventures?

7 Likes

I’ll plan on it!

3 Likes

https://tvline.com/2019/02/04/y-the-last-man-tv-series-order-fx-comic-book/

Yup, it happening. Vertigo Comics is always overlooked.

2 Likes

I’d love to see Transmetropolitan get an adaptation of any kind. Live action, animated, whatever.

Anyway, I bet the Y series will be pretty cool. I wonder if the comics will make their way here by the time the show debuts. That’d be swell.

2 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

Mighty @Mae with The Goods! :hugs:

2 Likes

I’m cautiously optimistic about this – on one hand, the footage we’ve seen now looks pretty good. On the other, the fact that we’ve seen so little footage until now and all the development problems this had as a show on FX, let alone the other projects, gives me some pause.

But either way, I’m definitely giving it a shot, since this is one of my favorite Vertigo series ever. I wonder if this will be like Sweet Tooth and we might get that series here once the show starts? :thinking: Can’t say for sure, but it would sure be pretty awesome.

3 Likes

My mental fingers are crossed in that we’ll get the comic as the show approaches. Too good of a promotional opportunity to pass up.

2 Likes

The first 10 issues of the title can be “borrowed” from Comixology Unlimited for its monthly fee.

Sandman has more
While Watchmen has only 4 issues.

I am not sure whether
That makes it
More or less likely
For the title
To come here.

2 Likes

I imagine Hoopla probably has the whole trade run, as well.

2 Likes

Really enjoyed reading the comic and crossing my fingers the adaptations great ! :crossed_fingers:

I only recognize 1 actor in this who’s Olivia Thirlby. She played Judge Anderson in the Dredd film with Karl Urban. I recall Y ended up recasting several roles and I was pleasantly surprised to see Olivia land a role in the recasting process.

(pic from Dredd 2012 film) →
Thirlby-1

1 Like

Grace Randolph review

2 Likes

Grace Randolph. :unamused:

Based on the thumbnail, was she awash in jovial joy over it? It sure looks like she loved it.

SN: I’m no Graphic Design expert, but her thumbnail would look better if it said “Y: The Last Man Review” because, last I knew, Y: The Last Man is the name of the show, not “FX on Hulu Series”.

1 Like

Your wish has been granted!

2 Likes

gasps with quiet glee, but slight hesistation

Is it here?

does a search

Squee! It is! Thank you, @Mae! :hugs:

2 Likes

Has anyone watched this? I binged the 3 episodes that are available and wow! I am all in on this series. I haven’t read the comics since they were new in the comic shops but I do plan on reading them in the near future.

2 Likes

Not yet.

I was going to try it yesterday, but the Batman Radio Adventures ate up my time, instead.

I’m glad to hear its good, though. The comic deserves a first-rate adaptation.

1 Like

I can’t wait to read your reaction!

1 Like

HBO Max?

1 Like